2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
The top of Nissan and feels like it.
By Steven Trachtenberg on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's the best car for the money. And I drove them all.

Tough to find a better car for the buck
By BEMILLETT on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

In my experience the 2001 Nissan Maxima SE is a solidly built car. The ergonomics are right on, and the comfort is there. Performance is where it takes the cake. Try to find another make for around $21000.00 (thats what I paid new), that can outperform this car. Not an easy task.

RPM GLE 2001
By vdhoopati on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Superb Performance with excellent riding comfort. Trouble free start and smooth ride. The Best car in its range

Gladiator of the Road
By Maximas Meridius on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

For the price you pay for the car, it really makes it worth every penny you paid for the car. The bonus is that you are driving something that is almost in the realm of the 3-series or the C-class. Not too many are out there in this price range that exists. Like the General Maximus (aka Maximas) those can try to ignore its existence, but in the end it will win back its rightful place in the automotive world.

Great value for the money
By Olliemax on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Maxima is a great car for the money. The engine is the best - incredibly smooth and revs freely. I'm not as impressed with the auto transmission as it sometimes hesitates and seems tentative when accelerating after coasting at a slow speed(under 20 mph) Not terrible but sometimes annoying. Shifting is silky smooth under hard acceleration above 4000 rpm revs - very impressive. Comfortable cabin. I've never had a maintenance problem. A very well made and fun to drive sedan.

Unbelievable Bang for the Buck
By zippy78 on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've purchased my '01 Maxima SE 5- speed last September and I'm happy to report that nearly 1 year and 14K miles later, absolutely no faults to be found...this car is amazing! I've done nothing but routine maintenance. If I had to nitpick, my gripes are slightly notchy manual shift action and the pain of pulling out the premium gas pump. Although I have run regular and mid-grade fuel on occasion with no ill-effects, Nissan should calibrate their Max to run on 87 or 89 octane, even for a few horsepower penalty. Nevertheless, if this car stays as solid and reliable through the long haul, I'll definately be back for another.

Fun but expensive
By reynaldo77 on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is awesome, great styling and amazing performace for a 4-door sedan. But repairs are far more expensive than they should be, and seem to happen more than they should after 100,000 miles. The engine does not have problems, it's still running strong, but other random parts keep breaking frequently.

Awesome
By bobby1 on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Maxima is a wonderful car to drive! I have to be careful not to over do it! I can't imagine what the 2002 must be like to drive! Get one, I highly recommend it!

Excellent
By niss on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

its excellent. The best hassle free vehicle you can find on road.

Forth Nissan purchase for me
By Maxie on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 4th Nissan I've purchased and that first purchase goes all the way back to when they wer called Datsun's. I went once with another vechile line and came back running. If you what a well built car with a manufacter that will satnd behind what they sell stay with the Nissan. Great car to drive, good looking (could make the rear-end look a little more sporty), great service record. And, dosen't cost a fortune to buy.