Used 2001 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Best Car EVER
By Kevin

2001 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 GLE from a dealer in Minnesota. I bought the car with 113,000 miles for $10,600. This car IS AMAZING!! This car drives like a porsche, and best of all, its affordable. You get a lot of bang for your buck with the 222-horse engine, and the features of this car. The engine is very quiet, in fact you can hear the tires over the engine. The bose 200 watt system is also a great bonus to this car. If you are in the market for a used sedan, the maxima is the only choice. Its powerful, classy, comfortable, and safe. I give this car 2 thumbs WAY UP!!

Favorite Features

BOSE 200-watt system, auto temp feature, ambient temp, steering wheel audio controls, heated seats, sliding sunroof, style, comfort, home link, auto-dim mirror, engine, and large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

the factory BOSE sub in back could use refining, fuel economy, but otherwise the best car ever made.

Love this car
By Brad H

2001 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent reliability so far. Car has 55K miles. Left front tie rod has worn and required replacement. Otherwise, no other mechanical issues.

Favorite Features

Engine and overall performance. Exterior styling. Interior quality and materials (with just a couple exceptions listed below).

Suggested Improvements

Materials quality of the center arm rest (hinge is rather flimsy). Materials quality of the arm rests on the doors (flimsy cushioning has broken down and indented where ones elbow rests). The rear suspension is too stiff (it uses a fixed rear axle instead of independent suspension for each wheel).

Best car ever....
By Marco Madrazo

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Folks, this car drives like a starship. Imagine youself in space manuevering a craft, and thats what driving this Maxima is like. The car has saved my life countless times due to its flexibility and quick response on the road. In essence, the car becomes part of you, it was designed to follow your every command.

Favorite Features

The stearing, the torque and the fact the the car is wide, giving more control of the road.

Suggested Improvements

The design of the rear of the vehicle could be better looking.

bad experience 01 S
By Ryan

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I originally purchased the car because I liked the style and supposed reputation of Nissan. My car had only 19000 miles and looked in mint condition. It was an off leased vehicle from a Nissan employee, at least that is what I was told. It was purchased from a Nissan dealer thinking they would stand behind their own product. As soon as I got it home, it started smoking white exhaust.Without going into all the boring details I finally got a new short block from the dealer, but not without threatening to sue them. Neither my dealer nor Nissan treated me with any respect and will never purchase another Nissan product, especially from Ft Wayne Nissan. Will go back to a reliable brand Toyota.

Favorite Features

Design and fun to drive. Great sound system. 17 inch wheels

Suggested Improvements

Full sized spare and better insurance rating

nice ride
By mayur

2001 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For my first car, I was looking for something reliable, powerful, safe, reasonably priced, and fun to drive. I decided to go with the Nissan Maxima and I have been very pleased with the car over the last couple of months. The car is built very well and is nicely appointed for a 12-17,000 used vehicle. Another thing I like about this car is the body style that sticks to the shape that is very attractive to the eye. Inside the controls are well laid out, and the BOSE system performs quite well. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a well-priced, reliable, and sporty choice for a long term vehicle. I have read many reviews and the car holds up to its rating.

Favorite Features

very roomy nicely appointed ample power nice stereo excellent body style

Suggested Improvements

-ventilated and slightly more comfortable seats. -lower road noise -fix boomy bass speaker -little more attention to trim detail