2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Excellent Car!!
By Rachel on 08/15/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My husband and I purchased two brand new Nissan Maxima's 2001 Limited Edition cars (made in Japan). After I bought mine, he loved it so much, he bought one. I still have mine and it is an awesome car! I have maintained all regular maintenance & service on it and the items that needed repair (catalytic converter and alternator) were covered under warranty. This is the second Maxima (& 4th Nissan) I've owned and it is very fast, has great pick-up and is still stylish (after 7 years). My husband just traded his car in because he wanted a 4 cylinder and now misses his Maxima. The Bose system has incredible sound, all controls & power items still work, no problems with leather or paint! Buy one!!

20th Anniv. Review
By Robert on 09/29/07 08:34 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 2001 Nissan Maxima is a very reliable and fun car to drive. In the past six years I have never had to have my car towed. I recommend anyone looking for a new car to test drive the Nissan Maxima.

What a blast !!!
By Randy on 08/17/06 11:40 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a blast to drivel. The only things that I would change would be the front-wheel drive (too much torque steer) and a more powerful sub for the somewhat weak BOSE system. I've had no mechanical problems - only routine servicing and a flat. But, my front driver's seat is splitting in a few places. The car's got a big backside, so high speed road handling is not a stable as I'd like. But, it IS a sedan. And, a big one at that. U-turns aren't always made either. But, I got the 20th Anniversary edition, and I love the subtle fascia and body kit extras that come with it. I just wish there was more of a difference between it and the normal SE edition.

20th Anniversary Edition Maxima
By Brooklynborn on 11/09/05 20:48 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Maxima and I absolutely love this car. I've had it 4 and a half years now. The car rides smooth and quiet. It has a strong 227 Hp engine, the same one found in the 2001 Infinity I30. 4900 miles on it and still performs like new. No problems to report. All I've done to this car is replaced the tires when needed. The reliability of this car is excellent. This is exactly why I buy Maximas and nothing else, it's the best car for the money. I'm about to buy a 2006 Maxima. I've received many great offers on my car to sell.

My Maxima
By 2 Time Maxima Owner! on 11/05/05 08:11 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 01' 20th Anniversary Special Edition is a wonderful vehical inside and out, including the mechanical parts. Nissan builds wonderful cars and the safety features are great. The car rides just as you move the steering wheel and stops on the dime. No hesitations! This is my second Maxima, previously owning a 95'. The bang is not as strong but it drives just as well. I feel extremely safe in Maxima's. The 95' Nissan was my first car, I thought I was in the Indy 500 and should have been dead 3x's. However, have been driving the Maxima saved my life.

I love the Nissan Maxima!
By jrmj72 on 01/15/05 14:58 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was reluctant to get a Maxima because I had a Ford Mustang GT and a Chevrolet Camaro Z28 just before the Maxima. The Z28 would blow the Maxima and the Mustang away...but the Maxima has the same horsepower as my 1996 GT and it is a higher quality car. I am very glad I purchased the Maxima and Nissan now has a loyal customer...

This is a keeper
By CaptainD on 01/01/05 14:45 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased my 2001 Nissan Maxima new and roughly four years later I am still enjoying the drive. it has a strong engine (227HP) and excellent and brakes. its transmission is the most irratating item. Its shifts are not as crisp or predictable under certanin driving conditions as I would expect in a sports-oriented sedan. It provides a high level of comfort and convenience. The only quality issue was the leather on the drivers' seat side bolster wore through from sliding across it or snagging on cell phoneThis was a $200 repair, but now it is like new. The seat is only partially covered with leather, most of it is vinyl. The Bose sound system is supurb! I am experiencing an annoying groan / squeak from dash area that I can't locate. My overall evaluation is that this ia a great vehicle for the money.

3rd Maxima No Sign of Stopping
By Nissan4ever on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 3 Nissan Maximas (88,89,01). I have had nothing but good experiences and look forward to owning a new one. It is my opinion that you cant go wrong with owning one of these vehicles, especially if you have a bit of a lead foot like i do.

20 th Ann. Max!
By Cacace on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

All Great and even after 3.5 years.

Impressive..
By EM_JC on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 20th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was incredibly impressed by the car. After driving a fully loaded Sentra, I wanted more. I was very impressed by all the features and power that's available..Both Nissans we already owned before the Maxima have been very reliable, and so far, this is no exception.. even at 42,000 miles.