2000 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: My wife stole my Maxima!

2000 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

GLE Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

My wife stole my Maxima!
By BC from GA on

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

As soon as I drove it, I knew it was the car for me. I had previously owned 4 Accords and did not care for the current Accord's looks. The Maxima was more plain but had distinctive looks also such as tail lights. Love the power and rides like a much larger car. Great gas mileage from a performance oriented V6. We get 25 mpg in town and have gotten 32 on the road. Lots of room and the trunk holds LOTS of luggage and vacation souvenirs. Leather has aged very well and the Bose sound system is awesome. Make sure you find one that has been maintained. We had to replace the sunroof (well over 1K) and recently the starter. No coil problems, yet, at 88K miles. My wife stole it from me!

Engine, sound system, large sunroof, easy to maintain, lots of interior, huge trunk, still looks fresh after 8 years, doors shut with a Mercedes sounding thunk, CD and Cassette player, no antenna sticking up to get broken, outstanding gas mileage, great fit and finish that has held up well.

Needs more torque, but less torque steer; traction control would be great; repairs are expensive; Nissan needs to redesign engine coils and starter and recall to repair; all the power on the front wheels causes FAST tire wear or tire cupping; needs more cup holder; needs steering wheel controls