Delivered In Almost Every Aspect
By I.K on
2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan
I purchased this car with the idea that I would be obtaining a fun to drive and reliable car. It delivered well on performance, the VQ30 engine is very responsive and extremely smooth and the gearing of the 4 spd. auto transmission is pretty well suited to my sometimes spirited driving style. The ride and handling of of the Max is great; it was smooth enough to drive long distances yet firm enough to take you through the corners, despite it being the GLE model designation. The style is simple yet it works - but thats where it stops because as of recently (The past year or so) I have not been able to catch a break when it came to mechanical issues which is the biggest downfall of the 00 Max.
Favorite Features
Love the nippy engine, efficient design, interior layout and space, trunk space, great 7 speaker bose sound system and simple functions.
Suggested Improvements
Car has serious reliability issues. I have changed the MAF sensor, O2 sensor, front struts, alternator, belt tensioner, starter since acquiring ownership. The previous owner changed all 6 ignition coils. I wish Nissan would honor the costs of some of these problems as all owners experienced them.