2000 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Not a Long-term car
By Tri32 on 02/01/06 00:18 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Purchased car used @ 39K. Car performance is great. Reliability not great by any means. List of replacement and cost since the car now has 118K miles. Ignition coils-$700, MAF-$400, bad engineering braking system w/replacement of rotors/pad 5 times - $2000, catalytic converter- $1000, muffler-$400, wheel bearing- $500. which total to $5000. That's too much for me. This does not include other items such tune-ups which is standard on any car. For me, this will be my last Nissan. Dealership experience has been a nightmare. Especially Nissan of Natick Massachusetts. The people there are not very professional and will lie to your face w/o a blink of an eye. Goin bak to Toyota reliability

Top Gun
By LStrick on 01/17/06 03:12 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

The car is a blast to drive. Keep your fuel injectors clean! Mine is an automatic SE, leather interior. What I love most is that no matter how fast I'm going(60-90mph), when I step on the gas, I get instant hard strong acceleration. The faster I go, the more stable it is. I drive LA Basin freeways, people speed up to try to prevent you from making a lane change in front of them, but the Maxima is too fast for them. I accelerate too, and all they can do is watch my tail lights. Mine has 150,000 miles on it, and still going strong. I commute 90 freeway miles one way to work, and wouldn't drive anything else.

Extreme Reliability
By Charles on 12/02/05 22:42 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Maxima December 22, 2000. This has been an extremely reliable vehicle. I have taken care of regular maintenance when it due to be done and have had only one problem with the vehicle this entire time. The starter needed replaced in mid summer of 2005. I currently have over 110,000 miles on the vehicle and have no reservations about driving it cross country. The ONLY reason I may get rid of this vehicle would be to purchase a new Maxima!

fast
By victah on 11/21/05 15:18 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

this car is very fast fun to drive with leather inside full loaded cd player the sound system is amazing alsome i love the ts system 29 mpg great car and heated sets lol this rocks.

Bang for our buck
By rtyard2000 on 11/20/05 14:42 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I always knew this car was a performer. I have only owned domestic vehicles my whole life because I knew how to work on them with ease. I decided to make a change and try out a foreign vehicle. The Maxima was my first choice. I have not regretted buying this car and have enjoyed everyday commuting in it. It is comfortable with leather seats, fun to drive with a 222 hp engine and sport suspension, and classy enough to drive into any yuppified area of town. This car is a vehicle of all traits and will prove it upon any dare presented. If you need a car that does it all with a budget in mind, this one is for you.

The Perfect Car
By Dave M on 11/02/05 12:37 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 5 years. It has 15k miles on it. I have been through 2 sets of tires, Set of 02 sensors at the regularly scheduled 80kmiles, 1 set of spark plugs and one bad Ignition coil. Minus the tires that is about $1,000 in repairs over 5 years. I'd say that I am well ahead of the game with this car. The engine is strong and it is very comfortable. It delivers between 26 and 27 MPH in spirited driving at about 100miles a day. I cannot find any good reason to get rid of this car. This is a great winter alternative to my restored 81 280ZX turbo!!!

Best Car I've Ever Had
By Lynne on 10/18/05 12:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I have loved having this car from day one. It is a blast to drive with lots of power and tracks well. It is great for mountain driving. The amenites are the best and I have had no mechanical problems of any kind...just standard maintenance. Even the Toyoz tires stood up so well that I replaced them with the same kind. Additionally, the silver paint still looks like new. There are no signs of oxidation which is rare for silver vehicles. The leather interior is still like new - no signs of wear. My next car will be another Maxima for sure.

2000 Maxima
By steve alter on 09/27/05 20:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I have had my Maxima for over 5 years and haven't had any problems. It's fun to drive and looks great. It has been very reliable and I highly recommend it.

Fun car but not like they used to be
By Maxima lover on 09/15/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This car is fast, fun, and sexy. Gets great mileage for 222 hp, great in the curves, quiet ride. They didn't build this as well as the maximas of old though. Had to replace clutch at 50K, paint chips and scratches easily, airflow meter ($500) went out at 60K, tranny should be more solid for this engine. A big downside lately is that the engine is designed to run on 91 octane, which bankrupts you at $3.40/gallon! Otherwise trouble-free car, does great in the snow, does 60- 100 faster than 0-60, goes 60-0 in under 4 seconds (Ive checked) great low end to power up hills, doesn't notice a full load. Worth buying but set aside money for drivetrain repairs later--I know that's coming up for me

buy a honda
By monroe on 08/17/05 23:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car in 2000 before we were married and it has been great until it hit about 60,000 miles. Like the others the coils have went out and front end and rear end suspension needs replacing. Tires are outrageously overpriced for the 17". The car is also louder than my 2002 accord. The gas mileage has never been good. For the price that she paid and what I paid for the accord I think that I came out a lot better. With 77,000 on the maxima I think that the tranny is going out. It loses power at high(over 3700) rpms. any sugestion?