2000 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Good Car.....For the Most Part
By NR on 12/21/06 18:06 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 2 1/2 years ago with 37,000 miles on it. Now it has 63,000 and running strong. I read some reviews and heard it was a pretty good car, so I thought I'd try it. So far it's been pretty good. I like the power and the exterior styling. The 222hp really gets it up and going for a bigger car. But it has some down sides too. I think the interior looks kind of cheap. The dash set up looks pretty plain but the seats are fairly comfortable. So far I've replaced/fixed the exhaust(55,000), 1st coil(57,000), 2nd coil(60,000), and an O2 sensor(61,000). Right now I think the passenger side window motor is going bad and a a/c is acting up. Overall you get what you pay for.

BEST car i have ever owned!!!
By Ryan on 11/16/06 23:02 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! I baught it with 86000 miles on it now has 98k. mine is a manual and its a blast to drive. This is my second maxima. before this i had a 90 with 228k I have not had one major problem with this car. I only have replaced 2 tires and rear brakes. You can barely hear the car running...its that quiet and the car is really stable at 80mph. I am averaging 22 mpg with all city driving. I got my friend who never said he would like anything but a mercedes to buy one and he is loving this car!!! he likes it better than the 03 e320 his mom has...I cant say enough about these nissans. I will definately buy another....no more honda accords for me THE MAXIMA IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!!

Nice All Around Car
By crawl731 on 11/15/06 15:04 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for about 3 1/2 years now and I still like driving it. It has very nice power and is comfortable to drive. What I liked about when I bought it is that it is practical and sporty at the same time. Nice HP and can seat 5 with a fold down seat for trunk access. I have had a few problems with the exhaust lately but I am at 90,000 miles now and that is to be accepted. No problems with the transmission and engine at all. Very reliable so far.

Just Keeps Going
By maxhappy on 08/09/06 15:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for almost 6.5 years and 153,000 miles. I'm confident it will go to 200,000 miles. Longevity is vital to me. I commute probably 65 miles a day, and I've got know that my car will go. With this many miles there are bound to be some costs. I've had some expensive repairs, such as replacing the mass air flow sensor and the auxiliary fans. Yet, I always have confidence in it. It doesn't hurt that it can still blow by most cars when needed. I'm planning on purchasing a new car in 2008. The Maxima is high on my list. OK an IS 350 looks pretty good too!

Would do it all over again!
By Jack on 05/18/06 20:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car brand new back in 2000, other than a clicking sound coming from the engine compartment when it was under warranty I have not had any real problems. The front routers warped after a panic stop and had to be replaced at 50K. Currently I have over 70k and the car is still going strong! Gas mileage is upper 20's but I am a little heavy on the gas pedal. Over all I still love the car and I am not ready to trade it just yet.

Fun car
By abros on 04/21/06 11:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Great car, fun to drive and very comfortable. Best part is an engine. It gives you whatever you ask for. Build quality is OK, I had a problem with ignition coils and MAF sensor, yet it was not that costly since I replaced it by myself ($400 total cost). I have 60K now and after replace MAF sensor, it runs like new. Good mpg - 27 in mix driving. Sound system and controls are great. I like the dashbord and interior design. Exterior is not that great, yet the idea of the 222 hp gives it respect. This is my first foregn car and what is the difference, tight build quality compare with Fords I had before. I'm not sure my next car will be Max. I would try something else.

Travelin' Man
By Tim on 02/27/06 17:59 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Overall, pretty happy with the car. Bought it in 4-04 with 42,000 miles. Doubled the mileage in one year. Mileage is pretty good, although the car "feels" like it's getting old. I have never owned a Nissan before, bought this one on reputation alone. Would POSSIBLY buy another one in the future when I learned how to drive slower. At 35, I got my first two speeding tickets driving this car. LOL!

Great Car
By ioccaste on 02/12/06 23:14 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

i've had my 2000 maxima se for about 7 months now. i bought the car with 73k miles on it. so far, i haven't had any problems with the car. it really is a great all-around car. interior is laid out very well, and exterior styling is great. this car really goes! you can notice the difference between 89 and 93 octane gas--better performance, gas mileage, etc. what i love is at idle, you can hardly hear the car running, you really have to stress to hear the engine. very quiet and stable at highway speeds and beyond. the ride in the SE is a little firm. if you like to toss the car around, the SE is for you. tigther suspension compared to the GLE or GXE. superior to any american car.very happy

My favorite Maxima
By Bianca R. on 02/04/06 22:18 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in July, 2000, and plan to drive it 'til it drops. Great car and does everything I need - small enough for city use (easy to park), comfortable and roomy enough for highways and vacations. Coils were replaced around 75k miles; other than that this car has been super dependable. Excellent acceleration and a fun car to drive. The exterior styling stands out in a sea of look-alike sedans. I love the curvaceous back end and the round taillights. Very large trunk for this size car, makes it easy to pack for vacations. I bought the trunk liner, useful to keep things clean. Note JD Powers survey; the 2000 Max is more reliable than newer models. I'm keeping mine.

2000 Nissaan Maxima GLE
By ugadawg on 02/04/06 21:07 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

This is the 5th Maxima I have owned since 1989. As always, the Maxima has been a trouble-free car. It has required no special maintenance except routine oil and tires. The quality of the Maxima is almost too much to be expected and much more than other sedans avaliable today. This has been a wonderful car, as were the other four we've owned.