Used 2000 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Wish it were a better car for the money
By Marty

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Decent car but not the most reliable. Well cared for but after 115k needs oxygen sensors and a catalytic converter, ball joint, tie rod end,steering rack. Has already had manual trans rebuild w/ clutch(bad leaky seals, coils replaced, alternator, Bose stereo replacement, sub woofer replacement and I'm sure I left something else out. The trunk lid is totally rusted out also.

Favorite Features

smooth powerful engine. The radio was great while it lasted.

Suggested Improvements

Terrible clutch/throttle action. Hardest manual to drive smoothly I have ever owned. Really makes it not fun to drive.

135000 and going strong
By mike inmentor

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

after 135,000 my car runs good and looks good. I also have replaced coils and 02 sensor. Rust on rear wheel wells. The top of one of my keys broke too. I wonder if Nissan reads these comments since so many of these problems are common and have everything to do with quality.

Engine problem help
By david

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Just a heads up to some of you experiencing rough running when cold or TCS light coming on. Three different dealerships couldn't solve the problem. Finally a small private auto repair shop solved the problem. It was two coils AND the intake manifold had a severe vacuum leak throwing off the timing.The coils alone did not solve the problem. Got the coils from Autozone where they are backed for 4 months if they go bad. If you read these entries...coils are a common problem. I would love this car otherwise with 145,000 on it.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable for a big person. I'm six foot four. Plenty of pep.

Suggested Improvements

Needs high test gas.

Great Car
By suzie

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 12/20/99. This car has been one of the best cars I have had. I have over 200,000 miles. Took it in today thinking I would have to buy a new car and it only needs the fan replaced and transmission servicing. I have had a problem with the tires wearing out quickly and an issue with keeping tires balanced. Slight vibration in the front. A little small for my husband but perfect for me. Passenger seat could have more seat adjustment capability

Favorite Features

Reliability of starting, still stylish

Suggested Improvements

could be quieter, climate control fan is noisy. More seat adjustment options. Cup holders larger or better positioned

My beloved Maximus
By Ben

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

My 99 Saturn SL recently decided to blow a head gasket. I decided it was a good time to get a new car. I did a lot of searching and just fell in love with the Maxima. It had everything I wanted plus more. I wanted to get a car that I could drive 150000+ miles. THis is the one! It has every option! I just love it! It doesn't get the best gas mileage, but hey, I am also a lead foot!

Favorite Features

Heated Leather Seats, Sunroof, Bose Speakers!

Suggested Improvements

Better mpg. More storage space up front.