2000 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Nothing But Issues
By Sunshinej01 on 04/27/10 06:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 47000 miles and have had nothing but issues since. I first replaced the MAS, and have since replaced both front ball joints and axles, air conditioner clutch pulley, water pump, brakes, and still have many issues including water leaking in from mysterious places, sputtering upon cold start, and my cd player is also very sketchy. This was my dream car, but I now wish that I had never purchased it. I would have never dreamed that I'd have put over $2500 into repairs in two years while still being under 90000 miles.

Surpassed Expectations
By Bworl on 02/27/10 13:05 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This is an excellent vehicle. I bought new in March 2000 and have not been disappointed. First car I've owned for 10+ years and drives as good as the day I bought it. In all categories the Maxima has surpassed my expectations - power, acceleration, reliability, comfort, looks are all an A+. Can't think of a better car to turn over to my son next year when he starts driving. Only gripe is that it goes through brake pads pretty frequently.

ALL THE CAR
By GIS_ on 02/01/10 12:10 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Had a 1995 altima before this one, and I just loved it. As soon as I had a chance to buy the maxima I jumped on it and boy did I made a good deal. The car runs much better than I expected, pover and delivery is exceptional. Is an se. Model so the suspension is a little stiffer but you know that going into it.

great car,great walue
By GIS_ on 01/25/10 09:11 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Had the car for about 4 months now, is all I thought it would be. I bought it used, so I knew that there will be some work needed done to it, but so far so good. Is strong, smooth and it delivers at any rpm.

Delivered In Almost Every Aspect
By I.K on 01/08/10 19:37 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with the idea that I would be obtaining a fun to drive and reliable car. It delivered well on performance, the VQ30 engine is very responsive and extremely smooth and the gearing of the 4 spd. auto transmission is pretty well suited to my sometimes spirited driving style. The ride and handling of of the Max is great; it was smooth enough to drive long distances yet firm enough to take you through the corners, despite it being the GLE model designation. The style is simple yet it works - but thats where it stops because as of recently (The past year or so) I have not been able to catch a break when it came to mechanical issues which is the biggest downfall of the 00 Max.

Good Relief
By d_allison on 12/31/09 14:26 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

After driving a 95 f150 for a while it was a pleasure to drive this car, the fuel mileage was way better, and the performance was outstanding. My only complaint is that it doesn't look the part. the "Bose" sound system is incredible. i wish we had bought the traction control for it cause i don't even go mid throttle sometimes and the wheels just spin away from all the low end torque. This car is an excellent daily driver after driving a 3 ton brute every where. But i would highly recommend this car for anyone who wants a thrill, with an above average fuel economy.

The Very Best
By Kris Shockley on 12/30/09 19:27 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car brand new and never had any major issues. Just totaled the car a week ago and walked out with little injury. Very Safe! Now looking to replace the best car I ever owned! 103k and was still running as strong as the day I drove it off the lot. Normal wear and tear issues. Tires and brakes seemed to need replaced alot..could just be me. Fun to drive, loved everything about it.

Superb aside from hot start
By thehawk on 12/28/09 13:45 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Supremely comfortable and powerful car. Brilliant interior design features. Quiet on the road. Factory fault is loss of one cylinder intermittently on hot start - before buying one make sure you hot start it ten times and drive a short distance each time. The cylinder loss is shown by engine vibration especially up hills or on throttle. It can last up to 30 minutes and is the ONLY fault I have had in 120,000 miles.

overall gr8 car!
By reggie delgado on 10/21/09 15:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

My mom bought this car brand new in '99 and took gr8 care of it. I got it on my 16th birthday in '05. It had 48,000 miles on it and apart from normal wear and tear items, no repairs were necessary. I've loved this car even before I got it. The look of the car was what got me first. It had sleek lines and absolutely beautiful pearl white paint. Then inside, the leather is pristine and the controls are very accessible. All my friends loved the car too. The car currently has 108,000+ miles (college and back) and so far, I've only had to replace the radiator, o2 sensor, MAF sensor, alternator, front and rear struts, and a rebuilt transmission. I plan to keep this car till the wheels fall off!!!

The Shoe - Living Legend 194000
By The Shoe - A Legend on 10/06/09 20:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It has been a part of my life for 10 years, a I have loved every part of it. Reliable as anything I have ever owned. We call it the shoe, because well, it looks like a black shoe. Has 194000 miles and 58 oil changes. Runs like a champ and still gets 20 mpg.