Used 2000 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews - 199 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Best Car I have Owned
By PSH

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Only one coil pack, an O2 sensor, muffler and a starter is all I have ever replaced in 10 years. It's been a great car. I have to get rid of it because I am driving 100+ per day and need ultimate reliability. I have the 5- speed and get 30.25 MPG doing 65 MPH highway driving. Small rust spot on right-side of truck and driver-side wheel well. Brakes lasted me 75K miles and I'm still on the original rotors.

Performance, handling, quality interior.

Never have used the dealerships for repairs. If Nissan had offered a manual in the new Maxima, I would have considered purchase. But it is no longer the 4-DR sports car.

Good Performance but
By joenoles1

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

powerful engine and very comfortable ride. There are some common problems with this vehicle namely, brakes due to crappy rotors, ignition coils, MAF and suspension issues. I have over 150k miles and it has been an excellent vehicle.

climate control and Bose stereo. seats are comfortable especially for long trips.

need bigger brakes and rotors. Nissan needs to own up to recalls. Don't know anyone that had this car that didn't have problem with coils--a $700 fix.

A wonderful friend
By Wendy

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2001 because (1) the old Sentra died and (2)the test drive of Honda Accord and Toyota Camry at that time were not too good. This car has been so reliable, comfort, and it moves as expected. When stop at up- hill, it does not slid down even tiny bit. When speed up, it picks up right within half second. I have more children now and need a van to carry them but I can't find another good car to replace this dear one!

A nice looking lemon
By Anthony

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year ago because I heard Nissan are good cars sense then I had to replace spark plugs and compact because of vibration, alternator, now radiator is not keeping any water in it, it stalls out when I'm at a traffic light. I now have a bad taste in mouth concerning this car and on tire time at a $150.00 a piece

nice looks

build a quality car!

Zippy and agile
By California_Poppy

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I drove a manual 1991 Maxima that got totaled after 219,000 miles, so I bought the manual 2000 right after. It's zippy, agile, smooth, and quiet. My commute is an hour a day, so I'm happy to have a comfortable and reliable car. I get about 300-330 miles per tank. I bought my car in 2007 from a guy who took very good care of it. But in the past three years, I've had to replace the front wheel axle boot, the clutch hydraulic line, and the clutch itself. After ten years, the last didn't surprise me. The O2 sensor gives false readings and has had to be re-set. A friend of mine says to expect to pay about $100 in repairs for each year the car is old, and so far, that's right on target

Zippy! Agile, smooth, comfortable, above-average stereo, quiet.

O2 sensor, front axle boot problem, maybe the clutch.