Used 2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Great Car!
By TurboPenguin

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

replaced my 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue! Thank goodness! I am extremely impressed! The inside is wonderful but could definitely have more leg room. The Tilt on the steering wheel makes it hard to see everything. Mechanics are great! Shifts perfect revs high and im getting 27MPG with a mix of Freeway and City! Best car for its size!!

Favorite Features

Engine, Transmission!

Suggested Improvements

Sound system could be better. Bose is better but needs improvement. Leg room and Tilt. Also Audio controls on steering wheel.

Just too old??
By Richard

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

At 110,000 miles I guess I should not complain, but after reading other reviews I feel compelled to. My oxygen sensors and transmission have lasted longer than others but buyer beware, they will eventually go bad. When that engine light goes on start looking for another car.

Favorite Features

The car looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Fix those oxygen sensors.

Nice Car
By Nice Car

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used for a dealership and had nothing but good experiences. The car has punch to it and its options are unmatched. Resale price holds pretty high as well. Great looking car!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, Bose stereo, moonroof, heated seats, CD changer

Suggested Improvements

Spoiler on GLE model, more power, stereo controls on steering wheel, compass?

Worst automobile I have ever owned
By Keith S

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Based on the other reviews, we must have gotten a lemon. All within 50,000 miles: lost starter, engine shift assembly, front seat motor shorted out, transmission problems, catalytic converter failure and others. Have owned Hondas and Toyota and have NEVER had the idiotic problems I have with this car. Overall, a money pit, almost $3500 worth. PLus, Nissan does not stand behind product. When starter went out at 37,000 miles, Nissan claimed "that is just normal wear and tear." My 11 year old Honda still has original starter. Will never buy Nissan again.

Favorite Features

When working, a pleasant drive

Suggested Improvements

Everything.

$1450+a tranny!
By Brian-Las Vegas

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I have had this car 4 yrs. During the 1st week of Feb. '05 I spent $1450 on replacing the ignition coils, mass airflow sensor & throttle response sensor. Nissan should of extended the warranty on the coils. Nissan is well aware that the coils are junk! In addition to the above the dealer replaced the A/T under warranty at 58,500 miles. I have never had a transmission fail at such low mileage! The rebuilt unit is only warranteed for 12/12. I am a preventive maintenance junkie. I installed an external A/T cooler in series with the factory unit. The transmission was serviced twice in 58,500 miles. This should never of happened. I WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY ANOTHER NISSAN!!

Favorite Features

Power & handling.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, reliability & customer satisfaction!