Used 2000 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Nice Ride
By Robocop on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I love this car. After my 99' Civic was stolen, I bought the Maxima 2000 Se. The Civic was also found. So now I have the Civic and Maxima. Paid in full cash. Pretty cheap :):)

Super Auto
By lamonstra on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Simply put, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned approx. 25 other autos. This one is very reliable, quick and decisive. Get one if you have the means.

A Great Value
By laverrone on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Although it's not quite as nice as my 93 Acura Legend LS, it is a great car for the money. The engine is strong, the car is built well, drives well and is extremely reliable. Confortable enough for 405 adults. You get what you pay for. This years Maxima will never compete with other higher end luxury/sport sedans, but comes very close. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on a BMW, Acura or Infinity, this is a great car.

Not a Sport's sedan
By daarrid on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

The only good thing about the 2000 Maxima is the engine. Smooth, powerful. The seating position is poor and the handling is also poor. Wind noise is terrible (at highway sppeds)!!!!!!!!!!!!! The gauges are minimal with no oil pressure, etc

Better if:
By Greg Roland on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

It had Good breajs, a better winshield, awd, standuard parts (tires, wheels, and wipers). Nice engin though. My car now has a dieing tranny, and some sort of stearing prob.

Excellent for the Money
By Mark99 on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This is my second Maxima. It always seems that you get more car than you paid for. I traded in an Accord for this Max and am totally satisfied. Great value.

Excellent choice
By walsh03 on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Max with a 5 speed SE trim model. This was by far the best car I have owned with very few complaints. It had goo power for a "family sedan" and handled well especially with a few do it yourself modifications. The 5 speed trany was very easy to drive and the road feel was excellent.

why did i wait so long to buy a maxima
By maxed out on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

i have the se model and i can not pry this auto from my wife. she has already gotten one speeding ticket. before you know it, you are going 80 mph. the pickup is awesome. i have the 17" wheel upgrade and it handles like a slot car. i am seriously considering purchasing another one and selling my jaguar. that's right, giving up my xj8l jag for another se maxima. this car is well put together, and looks best in black.

Love the maxima
By Maximadriver on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

After driving a Grand Am for 5 years I decided to break down and buy a new car. I can really say I love the Maxima, it has plenty of power for an automatic transmission driven sedan and despite a few minor problems with paint, it has been extremely reliable for me.

I'll miss my Max....
By Tekmax on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I can't keep a car longer than 3 years, but my Maxima is a fabulous car and I want to keep driving it! I was impressed with the sporty handling. The trunk space is great, the legroom in the back fabulous and engine, once it's in the powerband, pulls nicely. I do wish it had more torque at the low end..... The tailights are ugly. Wish the doors would automatically lock, when the vehicle starts moving. I was hit and put into a spin at 60 MPH. All I could think, was 1) I'm going to die 2) Wow, this thing's even smooth in a spin 3) "Enjoy the ride!" Best car I've ever owned in 25 years of driving...