Used 2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
2000 Max
By Daddio on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Great car! It may not be for everyone, however. I enjoy a vehicle that handles and performs when pushed a little harder than usual. This Maxima does exactly that! It may not be for everyone because the elements that make it a "driver's car" (upgraded suspension components) make fo a firm ride. Personally, I'll sacrifice ride quality for performance any day. Not that this car is uncomfortable. I'm 6 feet tall and, unlike many Japanese- badged cars, the seats are supportive for short or long trips. On the other hand, if you prefer the ride/handling of a Grand Marquis, this may not be the car for you.

I love my Maxima!
By gdeniseg on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

We just bought our 2000 Maxima, but I am already in love with it. I have been wanting one for a long time and after finally getting rid of my gas guzzling Durango, it is nice to have a sporty fuel efficient car. I cannot say enough about the styling and looks of this car. Oh, those cool tail lights! I just love 'em. I plan on driving this car until it won't go anymore!!

great sounds
By crazy on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Really reliable and just a fun car to drive.

Great Car
By Pat C on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. I got this car and have not wished i got another car. Works great and is easy to maintain. This is worth the money.

exitement
By otto v. bismarck on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Just got rid of my GS300 with about the same hp. I got the SE with 17/235/45 Toyos - what a fun car to drive! beautiful interior Negative: turning radius, no memory seats.

fun on the road
By maxlover on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I've owned or driven couple of dozen cars over the last 20 years including Mercedes Se400, Brougham, Bentley etc.Maxima is not yhe most powerful or luxuriuos, but when it comes to quility, craftmanship, comfort or reliability it'll hold it's own against any. It's a great driver's car that's fun, fun, fun to drive

Highly Recommended
By trev613 on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love my Maxima. Great car for the money. Easily competes with the top of the line cars and has better styling than Honda. I bought it new with 52 miles on it and have driven it everywhere and have never been disappointed. It has all the options except the CD changer. Pearl white with Black Leather...not available in the new models (not sure why?). Very few problems.

5-spd, 5 passenger fun.
By Car man on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

With a 5 speed tranny and 222 horses working up front, this car is a blast to drive. A bit of body roll but easily fixed with some add-ons. Comfortable cabin, great design and fabulous engine. Its also nice to pull up to a light and take on a kid in a 4 banger who thinks hes ready to be on the fast and the furious.

Where's the Passion?
By bthornton on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

This is a good car, but for the GXE they seem to have lost sight of the fact that this was once the 4DSC (4 door sports car). Mash the throttle and, yes, it takes off, but with no mean-sounding growl. The interior is roomy and comfortable, the trunk big and the ride smooth and quiet, but it doesn't seem like a sports sedan to me.

Great budget oriented sport sedan
By j0ey2 on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car offers high performance (compared to the competition), and a low price with proven reliability and comfort. My only complaints are about the interior materials and the front wheel drive layout. My other car is an Audi A4, so I know what lengths some manufacturers will go to to surround the driver with lux materials and mechanics in the cockpit, but the Maxima's interior is functional. To be more sport oriented, this must switch over to rear or all wheel drive though along with a shorter throw shifter. This engine is definitely a keeper.