Used 2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 199 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

buy a honda
By monroe

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car in 2000 before we were married and it has been great until it hit about 60,000 miles. Like the others the coils have went out and front end and rear end suspension needs replacing. Tires are outrageously overpriced for the 17". The car is also louder than my 2002 accord. The gas mileage has never been good. For the price that she paid and what I paid for the accord I think that I came out a lot better. With 77,000 on the maxima I think that the tranny is going out. It loses power at high(over 3700) rpms. any sugestion?

more interior space than my 2002 accord great stero fast when new

everything else

Yes indeed I like Maximas
By Martin

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This the third Maxima I've owned. That should tell you something right off the bat. These are really great cars, reiable cars, that also give you pride in owning one. It's as well made as a Honda Accord but gives you three time more fun in driving. I'm not a dealer or a Nissan rep, just a guy who loves and believes in these cars enough to take the time write such a message for your benefit. I cannot imagine why people consider any other four door (sports) sedans when they can get one of these. Enough is enough. My new (used) Maxima SE is just as good, if not better than the other ones I've owned. Or you can get some slower, lamer, more expensive Lexus for more money.

Performance and value with no competition

None.

Makes my day, daily!
By LilKim

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

After the untimely loss of my beloved Altima, I couldn't imagine life without another Nissan. Man this car has everything but the kitchen sink! and I'm sure that was an option too... Drives like brand new, everything original. More power than is ever needed, best factory audio in its class, excellent dash design, leather, & the moonroof is so quiet I forget its wide open! Great road car. So far at 115K, no coil/sensor problems (knock on the woodgrain) :) but even that is a small price to pay for super luxury everyday. Not to mention I bought this car at such a GREAT price I feel like the Dealership got suckered.. hehe.. nice turn of the tables for a change!!

Everything!! my GLE is loaded up + spoiler. Nissan sure knows how to design a car!! even the cupholders are great! Love the metallic charcoal exterior, and light grey leather. Not one pop, creak, or squeak while truckin down the road - SOLID automobile!

Love this car outside and in, but a sportier look for this ride would be nice, the 2005 model is more like it. Also, I hate that the headlights are all cloudy. (as on most cars) Maybe a bad seal causing condensation inside? Nonetheless - 99.9999% satisfaction! BUY ONE TODAY!

Significant Problems after 80k
By Daniel

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from a well known car dealership with a solid reputation. It was great for 6 months. Then the check engine light came on; due to a faulty oxygen sensor. Then 3 additional sensors failed within 3 months. This car is only 5 years old with only 80k miles on it. It is not driven hard and is supplied with 91 octane fuel. I will never own a Nissan again, and I will be trading for a reliable Honda soon!!

Quick, good mpg for a v6, nice leather.

Engine reliabilty, More feel in the Tranny, and less factory flaws.

2000 Maxima GLE
By T-Bone

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

A little back ground if you want. I bought the car new in 1999 because the Camary and the Accord were both dogs compared to the Maxima, both Toyota and Honda wanted a pretty penny for cars that were soon to be a year old and because I just really like the Maxima after test driving. I have always been a Honda car and a Toyota Truck person. I hated Datsun/Nissan products. I wanted to hated to Maxima, but as soon as I test drove it, I loved it and bought it. Even though Nissan has improved the Maxima over the years, I still think my Maxima has all the things I need(ed) in a car. Sporty, quick, lots of room and comfortable. I don't have any problem going as fast as I want (only problem)

Standard V-6 Leather Interior Standard V-6 Exterior Styling (you know when you see it that it is a Maxima, can't say the same for the accord and camary) Standard V-6 Interior Styling Standard V-6 Power Moonroof Standard V-6 BOSE sound system Standard V-6

More horse power, which Nissan has addressed. Dual exhaust set to each side of the rearend, which Nissan has addressed.