Used 2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 199 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Bang for our buck
By rtyard2000

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I always knew this car was a performer. I have only owned domestic vehicles my whole life because I knew how to work on them with ease. I decided to make a change and try out a foreign vehicle. The Maxima was my first choice. I have not regretted buying this car and have enjoyed everyday commuting in it. It is comfortable with leather seats, fun to drive with a 222 hp engine and sport suspension, and classy enough to drive into any yuppified area of town. This car is a vehicle of all traits and will prove it upon any dare presented. If you need a car that does it all with a budget in mind, this one is for you.

222 hp engine, bose stereo, comfortable seats, great gas mileage, classy looks.

need more aftermarket performance parts

The Perfect Car
By Dave M

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 5 years. It has 15k miles on it. I have been through 2 sets of tires, Set of 02 sensors at the regularly scheduled 80kmiles, 1 set of spark plugs and one bad Ignition coil. Minus the tires that is about $1,000 in repairs over 5 years. I'd say that I am well ahead of the game with this car. The engine is strong and it is very comfortable. It delivers between 26 and 27 MPH in spirited driving at about 100miles a day. I cannot find any good reason to get rid of this car. This is a great winter alternative to my restored 81 280ZX turbo!!!

Engine. Great driver ergonomics

All wheel drive!!

Best Car I've Ever Had
By Lynne

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I have loved having this car from day one. It is a blast to drive with lots of power and tracks well. It is great for mountain driving. The amenites are the best and I have had no mechanical problems of any kind...just standard maintenance. Even the Toyoz tires stood up so well that I replaced them with the same kind. Additionally, the silver paint still looks like new. There are no signs of oxidation which is rare for silver vehicles. The leather interior is still like new - no signs of wear. My next car will be another Maxima for sure.

First car with a lot of horse power. The car is a joy to drive! I bought it in Seattle and now live in Albuquerque, NM. Mountain and hilly driving has been the norm for this car and it has had no problem handling either. Cars that pass me on the downslope get passed on the uphill - with ease.

I hate the seat belts. I am 5'7" with big breasts and I feel like the shoulder harnass is going to decapitate me or cut my throat if I am ever in a wreck. Seatbelts are designed for men - NOT women. They need to pay more attention to this. I also hate that it is hard to access the lock mechanism

2000 Maxima
By steve alter

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have had my Maxima for over 5 years and haven't had any problems. It's fun to drive and looks great. It has been very reliable and I highly recommend it.

acceleration and handling

more driver comfort features - radio controls on steering, compass, outside temp always displayed

Fun car but not like they used to be
By Maxima lover

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car is fast, fun, and sexy. Gets great mileage for 222 hp, great in the curves, quiet ride. They didn't build this as well as the maximas of old though. Had to replace clutch at 50K, paint chips and scratches easily, airflow meter ($500) went out at 60K, tranny should be more solid for this engine. A big downside lately is that the engine is designed to run on 91 octane, which bankrupts you at $3.40/gallon! Otherwise trouble-free car, does great in the snow, does 60- 100 faster than 0-60, goes 60-0 in under 4 seconds (Ive checked) great low end to power up hills, doesn't notice a full load. Worth buying but set aside money for drivetrain repairs later--I know that's coming up for me

style, acceleration, handling, stereo, comfort, mileage, handling in the snow, chip key, in-glass antenna, wheels

better paint, more solid tranny, cheaper parts!