2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Brilliant
By dreamshot on 07/24/11 20:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

After driving around my parents cars during my four initial driving years, I felt it was time for my own. After some extensive research, I decided on the Maxima. This car has been nothing but reliable and really fun. It has ample passing power and still turns heads at 11 years old. Can't get enough of it and would recommend it to anyone. Also --- At 6'2'' I do just barely fit....

10 years of fun and reliability
By Maxxed-In on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I put 75k miles on my Max in the first 3 years, no probs other than ignition coils. 28k miles in the next SIX years, only prob has been an O2 sensor (front $$$). This Max has simply been EXTREMELY reliable and FUN (I won't say how fun). This was the last Max made in Japan, I can't speak for US made models.

Best Car I have Owned
By PSH on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Only one coil pack, an O2 sensor, muffler and a starter is all I have ever replaced in 10 years. It's been a great car. I have to get rid of it because I am driving 100+ per day and need ultimate reliability. I have the 5- speed and get 30.25 MPG doing 65 MPH highway driving. Small rust spot on right-side of truck and driver-side wheel well. Brakes lasted me 75K miles and I'm still on the original rotors.

A nice looking lemon
By Anthony on 08/14/10 21:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year ago because I heard Nissan are good cars sense then I had to replace spark plugs and compact because of vibration, alternator, now radiator is not keeping any water in it, it stalls out when I'm at a traffic light. I now have a bad taste in mouth concerning this car and on tire time at a $150.00 a piece

Zippy and agile
By California_Poppy on 08/09/10 13:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I drove a manual 1991 Maxima that got totaled after 219,000 miles, so I bought the manual 2000 right after. It's zippy, agile, smooth, and quiet. My commute is an hour a day, so I'm happy to have a comfortable and reliable car. I get about 300-330 miles per tank. I bought my car in 2007 from a guy who took very good care of it. But in the past three years, I've had to replace the front wheel axle boot, the clutch hydraulic line, and the clutch itself. After ten years, the last didn't surprise me. The O2 sensor gives false readings and has had to be re-set. A friend of mine says to expect to pay about $100 in repairs for each year the car is old, and so far, that's right on target

2000 Nissan Maxima poor acceleration
By Bob Kat on 06/08/10 17:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car wouldn't go 50 mph. Just dogged out. I changed plugs hoping for a fouled plug. no such luck. frightened to death of going to Nissan dealer after being slammed for ignition coil packs. $2000.00 I proceeded to local Autozone and asked Manager Dave of any possible symptoms. I had a bottle of typical injector cleaner. He told me to put the other back and buy Lucas fuel injector cleaner so I did. I drove down the local I 90 thruway 50 miles. This stuff had this 230 horse Maxima screaming again. I could not believe it. Everybody, before to start replacing all kinds of hopeful parts, spend $5.99. You might have the same luck. Again Lucas Fuel Injector cleanr. This stuff works. Big savings!

Nothing But Issues
By Sunshinej01 on 04/27/10 06:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 47000 miles and have had nothing but issues since. I first replaced the MAS, and have since replaced both front ball joints and axles, air conditioner clutch pulley, water pump, brakes, and still have many issues including water leaking in from mysterious places, sputtering upon cold start, and my cd player is also very sketchy. This was my dream car, but I now wish that I had never purchased it. I would have never dreamed that I'd have put over $2500 into repairs in two years while still being under 90000 miles.

Surpassed Expectations
By Bworl on 02/27/10 13:05 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This is an excellent vehicle. I bought new in March 2000 and have not been disappointed. First car I've owned for 10+ years and drives as good as the day I bought it. In all categories the Maxima has surpassed my expectations - power, acceleration, reliability, comfort, looks are all an A+. Can't think of a better car to turn over to my son next year when he starts driving. Only gripe is that it goes through brake pads pretty frequently.

ALL THE CAR
By GIS_ on 02/01/10 12:10 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Had a 1995 altima before this one, and I just loved it. As soon as I had a chance to buy the maxima I jumped on it and boy did I made a good deal. The car runs much better than I expected, pover and delivery is exceptional. Is an se. Model so the suspension is a little stiffer but you know that going into it.

great car,great walue
By GIS_ on 01/25/10 09:11 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Had the car for about 4 months now, is all I thought it would be. I bought it used, so I knew that there will be some work needed done to it, but so far so good. Is strong, smooth and it delivers at any rpm.