Used 2000 Nissan Maxima SE Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Maxima

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

One of my favorite cars
By R. Friedman

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased it used in 2005 for a decent price with relatively low mileage and all the bells and whistles. I drove it for 10 years with very little mechanical issues, including no issues with the coils that others have written about. I kept up the normal maintenance, used premium gasoline, and made sure to get regular oil changes. I really loved this car, I loved driving it, and was not looking forward to letting it go, but by 10/27/15 I was starting to think of getting a new vehicle as I was getting older and getting in and out of the car was getting more difficult, and putting 42 pound bags of cat litter in and out of the trunk was also becoming taxing. However, some moron in a Dodge Ram Truck took the name of his vehicle too literally, and t-boned my Maxi, totalling her out. Sad end to a very reliable and fun car that I was looking forward to passing on to someone who needed a car.

Brilliant
By dreamshot

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

After driving around my parents cars during my four initial driving years, I felt it was time for my own. After some extensive research, I decided on the Maxima. This car has been nothing but reliable and really fun. It has ample passing power and still turns heads at 11 years old. Can't get enough of it and would recommend it to anyone. Also --- At 6'2'' I do just barely fit....

CD player and cassette double, auto-headlight function, horsepower, acceleration

Ride is slightly stiff IMO, but not too bad.

10 years of fun and reliability
By Maxxed-In

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I put 75k miles on my Max in the first 3 years, no probs other than ignition coils. 28k miles in the next SIX years, only prob has been an O2 sensor (front $$$). This Max has simply been EXTREMELY reliable and FUN (I won't say how fun). This was the last Max made in Japan, I can't speak for US made models.

Smooth power. Quiet interior (relatively). Handling great for a "Family Sedan". 26 mpg long-haul. RELIABLE. Interior has held-up (leather is good). Body sound, nothing has fallen off the car.

All 6 ignition coils failed 50-55k miles, a Nissan-known issue. Original Bridgestones scrubbed-off in 28k miles. Hood paint chips easily (might not at 55 mph).

Best Car I have Owned
By PSH

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Only one coil pack, an O2 sensor, muffler and a starter is all I have ever replaced in 10 years. It's been a great car. I have to get rid of it because I am driving 100+ per day and need ultimate reliability. I have the 5- speed and get 30.25 MPG doing 65 MPH highway driving. Small rust spot on right-side of truck and driver-side wheel well. Brakes lasted me 75K miles and I'm still on the original rotors.

Performance, handling, quality interior.

Never have used the dealerships for repairs. If Nissan had offered a manual in the new Maxima, I would have considered purchase. But it is no longer the 4-DR sports car.

A nice looking lemon
By Anthony

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year ago because I heard Nissan are good cars sense then I had to replace spark plugs and compact because of vibration, alternator, now radiator is not keeping any water in it, it stalls out when I'm at a traffic light. I now have a bad taste in mouth concerning this car and on tire time at a $150.00 a piece

nice looks