1999 Nissan Maxima 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Wow! I love my Maxima

1999 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Wow! I love my Maxima
By Jon Strand on

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at 83K miles. After about a year and a half it now has 120K miles. This car is amazing and I love it to death. Reliability is fantastic as I have had virtually no maintenance costs w/the exception of oil changes, etc. I get a lot of compliments about how smooth the ride is. Some people dislike the styling of these Maxima's, but I love the car inside and out. It is fully loaded w/every option but traction control and everything still works perfectly and in tip top shape, despite being a 6 year old car. This is the best car buying decision I have made and it's a blast to drive. I plan to keep my Maxima until at least 200K miles, when I will likely go buy a new one.

Favorite Features

Extremely smooth engine and tranny (5- speed manual). Great ride but still has a nice sporty feel. Average 22 MPG each tank w/120K miles. Luxury features are nice. Fantastic build quality...very solid car.

Suggested Improvements

None, there is nothing wrong with this car. I would drive it cross country in a heartbeat.