ReliableEngine/Trans,thats where it ends
By dave on
1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan
Bought this car w/118000 on the clock w/out concern about reliability. In the past 3 1/2yrs, the engine and trans. have lived up to expectations (161500). However, I've had to replace the alternator, 2 oxygen sensors, knock sensor, starter,tie rod, oil pressure switch, belt tensioner, two axles. I know w/this kind of mileage there is an expectation to replace parts, but this seems excessive. Now I'm looking at having to replace the front struts and rear bushings. What prevents me from putting this car out to pasture is the engine/trans, quality/look and user friendly interior as well as the leather seats, moon roof and the Bose sound system.
Favorite Features
Engine/trans, quality/look and user friendly interior as well as the leather seats, moon roof and the Bose sound system.
Suggested Improvements
Improved reliability for everything but the engine/trans. Also, the engine should not be made to require premium fuel. Although this is considered near luxury, an engine requiring premium gas should be relegated to luxury divisions, not for brands catering to mainstream America (such as Nissan).