1999 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Maximum Driving Fun, Minimum R

1999 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

GLE Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Maximum Driving Fun, Minimum Reliability
By davidcohen1969 on

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Bought My Max in 2005 w/118K (now 214K). I have averaged about 1000-1500K a year in repairs. The exceptional VQ V6 and transmission combo in these older model maximas is even better then the 2004 Avalon legendary V6 I recently purchased to replace it. Problem is everything around it is falling apart. I'd fix one probem and two more show up. I'd fix two problems and four more show up. You get the idea. Whats more, I got tired of having to feed it premium gas-tried regular, but the knocking sounded like someone was trying to break in to my house. Despite my gripes, I still own her. I'm hooked on the powertrain. I'll keep it through winter and then it's good bye.

3.0 VQ V6 and transmission (what sweet music they make). The longevity of the power equitment (windows, door locks etc.). How at 214K, the AC works exceptionally well. User friendly controls.

Longevity in the suspension components, oxygen sensors, starters. 75% of my repairs over my 8 years of ownership had to do with having to replace a myriad of suspension components. Poor quality.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review