1999 Nissan Maxima 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - I have mixed feelings about

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Review

I have mixed feelings about this car.
By gelo7 on

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I had put 17,000 miles on this car,it has 67,000 miles on it so far. Problems: 1)Nissan Ignition Immobilizer system failed(car would not start)($ 140) 2)Fake interior wood trim started to deteriorate due to ultraviolet radiation from the Sun($ 235 online). 3)Rough idle,I will probably have to replace ALL the six fuel injectors which cost about $800. My parents own a '99 Suzuki Esteem and a '99 Honda Accord EX V6 for more than two years and NEVER had a single problem with them,that's what I call reliability.(The Honda Accord needs no major maintenance until 100,000 miles).

Favorite Features

Perforated good quality leather seats,nice spoiler,smooth V6 engine,decent power,little road noise (Not as quiet as a Camry or a Lexus though).

Suggested Improvements

Reliability,Bose sound system is not worth it,ABS brakes should be included in a $30,000 car,better engine compartment design,real wood trim,awkward rear style,better handling,better factory paint job quality.