1999 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Enjoy The Ride.

1999 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

Enjoy The Ride.
By Erik on

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought my '99 Maxima SE Limited to replace my first car that I used through high school and one year of college (a '96 Saturn SL2 Premium). The Maxima was the short list. I purchased mine with 59,858 miles on it in July of 2006 and now currently have 72,562 miles. I've had no unscheduled maintenance and have only had one major replacement, the exhaust system. My Nissan dealership has serviced the vehicle with great care at each scheduled maintenance. The performance, styling, and build quality is impeccable. Nissan engineers have executed every detail perfectly on this vehicle. The engine is smooth, refined, and aggressive. The Maxima is Nissan's flagship for a reason.

Fun-to-drive factor, comfortable/supportive perforated heated leather seats, fast heating/cooling electronic climate control, design - subtle Japanese sportiness & excellent visibility throughout, Bose audio system - perfect sound and depth, low maintenance costs, excellent gas mileage. Great car.

None. Nissan did an outstanding job on the '95-'99 Maxima. I would highly recommend using Premium Fuel in your Maxima, as Nissan recommends. The overall engine smoothness and performance is dramatically better. I'll have this car for many years, even after I buy a new one. It's that good.