1999 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Couldn't ask for more

1999 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

Couldn't ask for more
By Andy on

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car sight unseen using an online auction. I did a lot of research. I was pleased with it when I went to pick it up and have remained so even after three years. It originally had 68,000 miles and now has 116,000. The only problems have been: 1) one coil pack went bad, and I replaced it myself (about $45) 2) the automatic temp a/c wants to cool even when it is cool outside. You can still get heat if you run it up to 85. If the temp is cold outside, it works normally. 3) I've had to replace both c.v. joints because of boot failure. Both were after 100,000 miles, so I kind of expected that. The joints were not making any noise, but the technician suggested replacement anyway.

Reliability. Good build quality, comfortable seats, Bose stereo, powerful engine, good gas mileage, maneuverability All the power and comfort options you could want without any of the unnecessary gadgets they are putting in cars today.

More comfortable ride on rough roads (it can be downright harsh) less noise in the interior on the same roads. Better quality paint, especially on the front bumper and hood. ABS brakes should have been standard. Mine does not have this option and I've gotten into trouble a couple of times without it