Used 1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Great Car !
By EJML

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever owned. No major problems just routine maintenance. Original owner and plan to keep this one a lot longer. Car seems to be an extention of the driver and the engine responds the same way it did seven years ago. Still no rattles and original rear brakes. Car is solid and fun to drive with everything in the right place. Was planing to pass it down to my teenager, but I think I will keep this one for myself. I have driven newer Maximas and they have become softer with more creature comforts. This car is truly a working class four door sports car.

The sweet six cylinder engine, handling, great A/C and the bose stereo system. Did I mention the engine.

Paint chips rather easily on front end.

This was a god choosen car 4 me!!!
By MarvinS.

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I looked all over for the perfect car around $10,000 and this was god's answer to my prayers. This car has room, power, looks, and class. Every chance i get i want to drive it but on the other hand, i don't want to put a ton a miles on it. This was the only car that had an awesome rating (along with the subaru sti). So my advice to anyone looking, find on that has be taken go care of and enjoy it until the wheel s fall off!!! Remember i prayed for the perfect this car!!!!!!

Everything!!!! Well i should say something - it's a 1999 nissan maxima se limited with a awesome body style still to this day!! Look for one and get it!!!!!

None!

Get one, quick!
By Miller5

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

Here's a decent car. All you've read about this car is true. You get styling, performance, great gas mileage, reliability, and good resale all in one 4-door package. I've owned a V-6 Camry and I think this car is slightly better. Plenty of head room for me (6'3") even with a sunroof. Go for the SE, as you get firmer suspension, better looks and a 5-speed option. If you can find a 99 SE-L, you'll get spiffy options like a 5th lap belt, 120 extra watts of Bose (like it needed it...), and neato titanium-colored badges as well as cheesy "SE-L" emblems tacked onto various parts of the car. Keep it in good shape, sell it in a few years, and you should get most of your money out of it.

Big back seats...slick looks...30 MPG (yes, I am telling the truth) on a recent highway trip...22 MPG city...a decent bit of power...quality build is obvious...this is a premium vehicle worth every penny you'll pay for it. I also like the homelink, the big trunk, and the 2 power seats.

None. Nissan did great here.

Man I love these cars!
By Daniel Richardson

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I have always loved the Maxima. Ever since I was 16 and got my first '85. This car is great at handling, quick accleration, instant throttle response, great braking system, transmission shifts seamlessly. Plenty of leg in the back. Four doors makes it family but the rest of the car makes is sporty and a blast to drive. I love this thing and I jump out of bed so I can drive it to work and hate when I pull in at home cause I have to turn it off. I just love this thing and I don't know what more I can say.

The power drivers seat... and the throttle of course!

License plate mounting brackets. If the snap it is almost impossible to remove plate without destroying plate and busted brackets.

Japanese BMW
By PLUMMAN

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

Mating the 5-speed with the V-6 engine brings this car to life. I have only hit the rev limiter once, but what fun! This car is fun on the mountain roads and loves to rev. The suspension is a little soft, but comfy. I installed aftermarket spring and shocks. I got mine used with 54k and now it is pushing 120k with no major issues. Runs best on high test gas and gets the best mileage with high test. I get 24 overall. If you can keep the speed to 60-65, doubtful, it will return over 30mpg. Best car I've ever owned. Still solid after 120k.

Engine and 5 speed and handling after installing stiffer springs and shocks

none very balanced, maybe larger cupholders