1999 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews 9

1999 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Why get something more expensive
By guymaxima on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I have driven a Nissan Altima and a Nissan Maxima which I still own. These 2 cars have proven to be very reliable while they offered a lot more options for the money (more value). I don't understand people who buy a Honda Accord instead of a Maxima. They probably don't do their homework before buying. For me and my family it is Nissan...nothing else. And to prove my point, my son just purchased his first car...a brand new Nissan Sentra EX R which he chose above such competitors such as Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Hyundai Tiburon.

130K miles NOTHING NEEDED
By BrianV on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Yup, 130K and I haven't needed anything. I bought the car from a used dealer and it was pretty thrashed. Car had been burglarized, and who know about the previous owner. Car still had no problems at 130K (I bought it at 100K). Awesome car with an awesome engine. Most reliable car on the face of the planet. There is nothing that ever needs to be fixed, nor is there any preventative maintence. My friend has one with 260K miles and all he had to do was have the automatic transmission rebuilt, and he redlines all day long.

Excellent Car!
By gwalters on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This car is fast, smooth, quiet, and excellent. I have the 5 speed, which is great for the control. Bigger back seat than a camry or accord. Excellent for the 85 mph commute in Massachusettes, and front drive is fine in snow. Excellent in the twisties! It never breaks, and at 98000 miles, I might consider new struts in another 40,000!

Cheap original parts
By kievguy on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner, soon to be 4 years. The car is good, no questions about it. Main source of the problems - cheap and low-quality original parts that owner is responsible for. Tires wore out in 30K, clutch in about 48K of highway driving!!! A lot of people I know have the same problems: Nissan produces Maxim cheaper by pushing extra maintenance over owners. Beware!!!

Nice car to the MAXIAMA.
By JimmyD. on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought used SE Limited. Very sweet car. Super quick, very responsive, and comfortable. Plenty of power. Mine has all the toys,power/heated seats,leather,moonroof,spoiler,alloys, traction control,Bose stero, etc. Good room in the cockpit. Rear seats are roomy as well.

worth every penny
By phil ct on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

i bought my max a 99 se gle combo a yr ago its the best model you can order every option is installed and i have put 48,000 hard slave driving miles on it everyday. and the speedo doesnt lye nissan says it tops out at a max speed of 149 mph and i can vouch for that! guys like it girls like it better so what are you waiting for go get yours !!!!

Too soon, but I have a good feeling
By Super.Dave on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I just bought the Maxima. I had been looking for a low milage 99 or 00 and found this 99 three weeks ago with 36,000 mi. One test drive and I bought the car 10 min. later. How could someone give up this beautiful little car it is in perfect shape?

Maintanence is too expensive
By kievguy on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I have 99' Maxima SE Limited 5 speed for more then 3 years. The car is comparable to Camry and Accord that I had before but cost way too much in maintenance. Looks like it's Nissan's way to compete with big guys like Toyota and Honda - for customers' expense. Look at new Edmunds topic True Cost to Own and compare to other similarly priced cars. I would not buy another Nissan, period.

One of the best values out there!
By usmcbigguns on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I drive this car very hard and have not had a problem with my max. Bought an extended warranty with the car, big mistake, it was a waste of money. Only items that need replacement were belts (85k)brake pads(35k and 75k) and the battery(87k). The pick-up this car has is amazing considering the engine output. Handles well and the transmission is relatively smooth.

Great car for your money
By Artur on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I have purchased the car a year ago.I have 34000 miles on it, and I drive this car to it's limits everyday, very fast, and very harsh.The whole time I owned this car, the only problem I have is with the gears on the car, are always late on shifting, other than that the car has not given me any problems, and is very fun to drive.