Used 1999 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Great car
By vinnnn

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

very happy with it. 2 problems that nissan knows about but will not fix is the ignition coils and the rear calipers stick....

excellent except for ignition coils
By Bill Barber

1999 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

excellent car, very reliable and fun to drive, 5 speed, except for 2 very annoying issues, the ignition coils that Nissan is aware of and won't fix and brake calipers

when Nissan realized the ignition coils were defective they should have recalled them refer to NTB01-060 Tecnical Service Bulletin instead it is like russian roulette with a six shooter, 3 have had to be replaced so far, waiting for other three to fail <60K mileage

First great purchase - Nissan Maxima
By JR

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Maxima in 1999 with only 6 miles. The acceleration, fuel economy, and aestetic appearance exceeded my expectations the day I purchased it and now, I am even more pleased with my purchase because I have only had to performed routine maintenance (oil change, new tires, belts, etc.). It still performs very well! I think the Maxima's are priced well for their reliability, appearance, and last, but most important fuel economy.

The warning sound when the lights are left on.

Poke yoke the light control by connecting a switch that shuts the light off when the key is removed and the driver's door is opened.

Great Car !
By EJML

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever owned. No major problems just routine maintenance. Original owner and plan to keep this one a lot longer. Car seems to be an extention of the driver and the engine responds the same way it did seven years ago. Still no rattles and original rear brakes. Car is solid and fun to drive with everything in the right place. Was planing to pass it down to my teenager, but I think I will keep this one for myself. I have driven newer Maximas and they have become softer with more creature comforts. This car is truly a working class four door sports car.

The sweet six cylinder engine, handling, great A/C and the bose stereo system. Did I mention the engine.

Paint chips rather easily on front end.

This was a god choosen car 4 me!!!
By MarvinS.

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I looked all over for the perfect car around $10,000 and this was god's answer to my prayers. This car has room, power, looks, and class. Every chance i get i want to drive it but on the other hand, i don't want to put a ton a miles on it. This was the only car that had an awesome rating (along with the subaru sti). So my advice to anyone looking, find on that has be taken go care of and enjoy it until the wheel s fall off!!! Remember i prayed for the perfect this car!!!!!!

Everything!!!! Well i should say something - it's a 1999 nissan maxima se limited with a awesome body style still to this day!! Look for one and get it!!!!!

None!