1999 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Review of 1999 Maxima
By John E. Booker on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Experience wonderful. Gutsy 5 speed with lot of torque. Extremely confortable on long trips and drives like a dream. Car is very roomy and controls are well laid out and gages are easy to read.

best car
By albert george on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

it is the car for all family i sugseged to person want agood car buy it

Nice Car
By DDA on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Bought my Maxima new 4 years ago. I'm pretty tall and this was one of only a few cars with moon roof where I sat comfortably. Found out the alignment was bad after 25,000 miles. Replaced the Goodyear Eagle tires with Michelin's and significantly reduced road noise. No other real maintenance issues other than warranty repair on a bad air bag sensor.

The Best of Both Worlds
By My Dream Sedan on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I drove Accord, Camry, Passat, and Maxima looking for a sporty and roomy sedan with performance and quality. The Nissan is the only one that had it all for me. The engine is top notch and if you weren't moving forward you wouldn't even know it was running. I love the roomy and uncluttered interior. Everything is easy to find and reach. My Maxima has every option and I can't think of anything thing I would add. I just love how this car feels when you are driving it.

New Found Nissan Enthusiast
By Ramonsjc on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I remember the days when my uncle would drive his Datsun truck and rave about its reliablity and low maintenace! Years have passed and Datsun/Nissan is only Nissan now, and it is I who is raving about the reliability ride and comfort. This is not the best vehicle out ever but I have mistreated it,im in my 20's i do burnouts every corner. only minor tuneups from the dealer. It still runs like a champ !

mostly a great car
By topper30 on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this because I got a good deal on it. It has been a great car overall. I have had only a few problems that seem to be common for this car. I had the Oxygen sensor go out at 40,000 mi., tires prematurely needing replaced at 25,000 mi., and my cd player is dead. Not bad compared to most cars. I just got spoiled with my Toyota that I had previously.

Will always buy a Nissan
By dc-cop on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I traded a my 2001 Toyota Tacoma for the 1999 Nissan Maxima. This vehicle impressed me the minute I started the engine. It handles great and has great power. I travel 54 miles one way to work in Washington DC and this Maxima makes me forget about the rush hour traffic. I will drive this car until it dies, then I will buy a newer model.

1999 Nissan Maxima
By Dman on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Great Car! Outperforms expectations. Very comfortable! Overall great quality

Love It!
By neal on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

This is my third Maxima and they only seem to get better every time. I can't wait to see what the next body-style has to offer.

99 Nissan Maxima SE Limited
By Maximus on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed my Maxima. It's got one of the best, if the not the best V6 there is (or was in 1999). I've only had minor problems with it. These problems were: Air Blower in car makes a whistling noise, drivers seat creaks a little, and the micro-chip keys can be erased if put on the counter in a store like Target or Walmart (which then requires a tow($75)and key re- coding at Nissan($40). I never had any major problems. Overall, it's a great car that I'm going to keep even after it's paid off.