1999 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews 7

1999 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

1999 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Martin
By Grtplan on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

This car is dependable you can get up with confidence that you will get where you are going. The car has exceptional turning ratio for excellent manuvering in tight spots such as parking or making a u turn in a limited area.The interior is durable and with minimal care will maintain a fresh look for years. The only short fall I find with the body is the exterior is of soft metal that is easy to ding if touched by another vehicle door.

a good compromise
By skippys on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Good compromises: it's spirited yet soft and peppy yet docile. Backseat and trunk more useable than some of its competitors. Engine pulls hard and sounds good throughout most of its range although top end thrust is lacking. Auto has a hard 1-2 shift when cold. I found the steering wheel more comfortable/responsive than others. Interior looks great although there are a couple of rattles/squeaks (easily fixable, but still). Overall I'm pleased and wouldn't be considerably happier (for what I was willing to spend) without two different cars. It can either comfortably haul around four people or I can play.

my car
By A Dawg on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

very nice car to drive and own. Highly recommended for everybody who wants a highly dependable vehicle.

Very pleased
By dalo on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Owning this car has been a very good experience. Very comfotable ride, good acceleration, good responsiveness. The interior is a combination og wood grain and black leather which never failed to impress anybody that got in my car. I recently was rear ended by a full size ram truck and the car took it pretty well no real damage past the trunk area at 8-10mph. Good family sports sedan.

I have mixed feelings about this car.
By gelo7 on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I had put 17,000 miles on this car,it has 67,000 miles on it so far. Problems: 1)Nissan Ignition Immobilizer system failed(car would not start)($ 140) 2)Fake interior wood trim started to deteriorate due to ultraviolet radiation from the Sun($ 235 online). 3)Rough idle,I will probably have to replace ALL the six fuel injectors which cost about $800. My parents own a '99 Suzuki Esteem and a '99 Honda Accord EX V6 for more than two years and NEVER had a single problem with them,that's what I call reliability.(The Honda Accord needs no major maintenance until 100,000 miles).

Still Strong
By jackiex on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car for 30k miles per year for 5years and I have only done the brakes twice and have replaced the clutch at 80k. It's really and ideal car for the type of driving that I do, and it still looks good when it's cleaned up. I'll sell this to my niece next fall and she willquite likely get another 50k out of it before any major maintanence is required.

Maxima is good
By mas2003 on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this new and have been VERY pleased with it. I had the Check Engine soon light go on early in its life and they replaced some warranty part, all else went well until recently. Air bag light went on, spent $34 and found that there was no problem. The check engine light went on again and I ignored it and has since turned off. No other issues. I just replaced the Michelins

Great Car
By Gold Maxima on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Great all around sedan. Plenty of power and has a comfortable interior and rides very smoothly. One of a kind sedan.

Solid Performer
By Hammer123 on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Bought a white- pearl coat automatic 99'SE but w/ an interesting twist. It has cloth heated seats! Actually better than leather because it heats up faster. Breaks and muffler system are OUTRAGEOUSLY priced to fix. Overall it is fun to drive, the payment does not kill you and it is just a very solid performer. A Stick might be more fun!

best car
By MikeWiser2 on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

built well. very few repairs if any. comfortable. hugs the road. smooth drive. pretty. presentable. roomy.