1999 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Excellent! Holds Value Well
By ds on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is a dream! It handles very well, the Bose steroe system is wonderful. very roomy.

RELIABLE CAR, MINOR MECHANICAL PROBLEMS
By Hector27 on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

my experience with this vehicle so far has being very good. no major mechanical problems; except for a "Bad COIL" that caused the check engine light to appear in the instrument panel. transmition feels very smooth no problems there. noise ratio outside to inside very good.

Cream Puff
By Yeah!!! on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This car is the best value for a performance sedan. It's acceleration is great with an automatic or a stick shift. I've owned both; the manual is much more powerful and fun.

Good Car!
By XYZ on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This was my second Nissan Maxima SE. I had no problems with the vehicle. I truly recommend it. I only had to replace the brakes, tires, and battery once. Very good car. I am looking to sell it now and buy a new one.

Good Car
By Johnnyboy19 on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in Sept of 2003 with 42,000 miles on it.I put 6,000 on it so far. I had to replace the belts on it, but other then that car is great.I think in 1999 it was too overpriced. I got it for 13,500.the V6 is smooth but kinda sluggish at times. When accelerating from a traffic light it stay at 1800 rpm for like 3 seconds? But all in all im happy with it.When time comes ill trade it for a 2000 and up Maxima SE or Altima SE V6. Anything NISSAN! I hope they put an 8 cylinder in a Maxima. Now that would be kewl!

Mad about Maxima
By Linda Byars on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I always look forward to driving this car. I love the way it handles. I joke around about this car wanting to take a road trip because it feels like it's anxious to go! Am amazed at how quiet the engine is while idling. Plus, I love the body style. I think I'm in love!!

The best car I've driven.
By TITTMAX on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car in June of 03 with 95,000 miles on it, it currently has 114,800 and the only thing I've replaced so far is rear pads(they were factory originals!!) and fog light lens because a rock hit it. Some wood trim is deteriorating. The car has amazingly fast acceleration and speed for only 190HP 205TQ. Leather Heated Power seats are exceptional as well as the Power Heated mirrors. I HIGHLY recommend the Nissan Maxima SE -(L)

Loaded Sedan for the Price of a Hyundai
By Joshua M on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited 4dr Sedan

Why buy a brand new piece of junk when 10k will get you a low mileage, fully loaded Maxima packed with V6 power? I recently auctioned my 2003 Toyota Tundra off to the highest bidder on eBay to get back to something more my speed, and the Maxima fills those shoes. I opted for a bright red SE Limited Edition, which adds the leather interior, Bose Stereo System, and a few other extras. This engine is smooth! I make up errands to run just to drive the car. This is truly affordable luxury and sporty sophistication. Original sticker price on my car was over $29,000.00 and I picked it up for just a hair over $10k.

A car you'll be very happy with!
By John, Columbia MO on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year and a half ago with 22,000 miles on it. I have since put 15,000 miles on it and it has been fantastic. The car is solid, runs hard, especially when you take it above 3000 RPM and handles very well. I've had to replace brakes and tires too which seems to be common. Other than those items the car has been very reliable. For the money, style and performance I agree with most others, this is a better car than a Camry or Accord.

Martin
By Grtplan on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

This car is dependable you can get up with confidence that you will get where you are going. The car has exceptional turning ratio for excellent manuvering in tight spots such as parking or making a u turn in a limited area.The interior is durable and with minimal care will maintain a fresh look for years. The only short fall I find with the body is the exterior is of soft metal that is easy to ding if touched by another vehicle door.