Used 1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

A good, safe, fun family sedan
By Nij

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

Purchased mine when it had 45,000 miles. Have driven it 15,000 miles in less than 10 months and i love the car! Feels steady on the road. Has good power and acceleration. Heated seats are a comfort in the winter. I've taken this for many long trips and so far this has been my favorite car. I've owned Honda and Mitsubishi earlier and nothing beats the Nissan Maxima! Overall, a great car for a decent price.

Leather seats, automatic climate control, heated seats, good horsepower, smooth ride, Bose music system.

Wind noise can be dampened. A smoother ride on rough roads would be desirable.

Top Notch Car
By Alberta

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2006 with 150,000K and I now have 190,000 with virtually no problems. Replaced the struts and the starter but other than those repairs the car has been fantastic.

Fantastic engine. Smooth power.

Not much to comment on here. The car is very well designed and built.

Couldn't ask for more
By Andy

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car sight unseen using an online auction. I did a lot of research. I was pleased with it when I went to pick it up and have remained so even after three years. It originally had 68,000 miles and now has 116,000. The only problems have been: 1) one coil pack went bad, and I replaced it myself (about $45) 2) the automatic temp a/c wants to cool even when it is cool outside. You can still get heat if you run it up to 85. If the temp is cold outside, it works normally. 3) I've had to replace both c.v. joints because of boot failure. Both were after 100,000 miles, so I kind of expected that. The joints were not making any noise, but the technician suggested replacement anyway.

Reliability. Good build quality, comfortable seats, Bose stereo, powerful engine, good gas mileage, maneuverability All the power and comfort options you could want without any of the unnecessary gadgets they are putting in cars today.

More comfortable ride on rough roads (it can be downright harsh) less noise in the interior on the same roads. Better quality paint, especially on the front bumper and hood. ABS brakes should have been standard. Mine does not have this option and I've gotten into trouble a couple of times without it

Fun Reliable Sedan
By serg87

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

This car is fun to drive especially since I have the 5-speed model. I've had it for almost 3 years now and it has been great. It is very reliable, it has good amount of power although more horsepower wouldn't hurt. Overall good car I did not have to do any maintenance yet all I do is change the oil every 3,000 miles and the car runs perfect. Currently has 126k but it will run for much longer.

Leather seats, seat heaters, smooth engine, reliability

More power other than that car is perfect

Extremely reliable car at 169K miles
By Kathy

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Maxima GLE used in '02 with 35K miles, and it was the best used car decision I ever made. It is now at 169K miles and still going strong. It has never needed a major repair.

Road noise can be a problem in this car.