1999 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
eeee doggie
By diamond dawg on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

what a car for the money. love the bose system, interior and exterior style. leather looks brand new.

oxygen sensor
By papa on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Only problem I have had is faulty oxygen sensor. Have had an emmision problem in models 1992 and 1996 and now the 1999. Dealer Hyannis Nissan refuses to correct problem because over warranty even though I have complaind about problem before warranty ran out. Excuse was that their computer was down until recently.

Great Car
By Bob Mc on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

This is our 3rd Nissan, first 2 ('93 Max Gxe, '95 Altima GXE) were leased. The current '99 Max GLE was purchased. Has 55K mi and not a single problem. The car still looks and runs like the day it left the showroom. No plans to replace any time soon!

Take it to the 'Max'
By John Bull on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Leased my Maxima GLE on a whim on my Birthday in 1999. I knew as soon as I fired up the silky V6 and drove down one particularly rough section of road, I had to have it. It's cushy yet fun to drive in the twisties, though it won't be confused with a sports car. This car's forte is silent running and comfy cruising. The Bose system is amazing. People have said the styling is non descript, and I tend to agree to a point, but blending in is good, especially since the car loves to run fast; I've found myself well in excess of the 65 MPH limit and not being aware. Sometimes I'll go for a drive just to listen to the Bose and feel the response and smoothness.

This car rocks!
By protocide on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Bang for the buck, the Maxima SE cannot be beat. The V6 is buttery smooth. The suspension is designed for zipping along twisty roads and yet is smooth on the highway. You can get the car in stick shift! (Try getting that in an Accord V6 or Camry V6!) The car is quiet even at speed. The brakes are great. Even the base sound system is pretty darn good. The car can seat four six-footers with room to spare. Great gas mileage considering it can run 0-60 in the high sixes. If you want a four-door family car that is a blast to drive, buy a Maxima SE!

3rd Time Wasn't a Charm
By I miss my Stanza on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This Nissan was my 3rd product, and it will be my last. Although nothing major went wrong, little stuff did. Examples, engine is so heavy, I had to replace all four tires by 20K miles; found out just before the lease turn in that I had had a bad throttle from the first day I drove it off the lot and it wasn't covered under warranty; a 35K miles, the trunk is already rusting.

Maxima SE 5-spd
By Chip on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Bought my SE 5 spd for a steal. $13,500 and it looks brand new. BOSE system is great. Big, easy-to-use knobs/buttons. My 1993 SE (209,000 miles w/ original clutch!) had the BOSE but its faceplate was half the size. Auto climate makes you wonder what you ever did w/o it. Leather is in great shape and two power seats is what you usually see only on high-end luxo cars. I wish Nissan had opted for a built-in antenna. The power antennaes always seem to develop a problem. I agree with the previous post...the SE is a BMW 5-series for a lot less money. I'll check back in when my 1999 duplicates my 1993 and crosses the 200k mile mark!

A Very Good Car
By hptorres on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

So far the car has been reliable, no major problem except that the Anti Theft device needed to be reprogramed once. I like the car, good power, good interior size and look good, with the Sport Package. I'd buy another.

An Amazing Car for the Money
By Speedyvonquick on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Got mine for a steal (right after the 2000 model came out). Better build quality than the 2000+ models. After 72,000 hard miles, this car is still as tight as a drum. Got my Boise stereo replaced under warranty at 25,000 miles but other than that, no problems ever. Funny thing is the more miles I drive it, the faster it gets and the more I like it! Gas mileage has improved too. Best v6 in the world. I expect to drive my SE to 250K miles before any problems.

Maxima, best car for the price
By europa3962 on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This is a wondeful automobile. Nissan has the best engine going. Smooth performance. No service issues and the most reliable car I've owned. This is a great sports car feel disguised as a sedan