1998 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: I Love This Car

1998 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

GLE Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

I Love This Car
By Happy Maxima Driver on

1998 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as certified preowned. Excellent power. Had absolutely no mechanical problems. Having the moonroof open and the windows down makes it almost as fun as a convertible but without the higher insurance. Really fun and comfortable to drive. Leather interior with wood accents looks really nice. Especially with seat warmers for winter. All that and it has dual front/side airbags and a four star crash test rating. Couldn't find a better car.

Superb braking, comfortable styling (not cramped in the least), loads of power to spare, automatic climate control does everything for you, BOSE stereo system is incredible, moonroof offers that damn sexy windswept look - especially if you travel at highway speeds

Better cup holders. Also, the 91 octane gas requirement runs up a bill over time (an extra $3 or so every time you fill up adds up over time). By the way - 96 octane gas (can get it at Sonoco) lasts reeaaally long (normally I get 21mpg with 93 octane but I got 28 mpg with the 96.)