Excellent Buy
By Dean on
1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan
I purchased this car from a deal who priced it incorrectly at $4,900 (in 05 w/138k), what a steal. This is my second Maxima initially owning a 95. I have been completely sold on Nissan quality. The steering/ride is a nice mix of European "feeling the road" with some American "comfort/ease of use." Repairs are more costly than domestics, if you ever have to do them. The longevity of the mechanicals, fit and finish certainly bring the cost of ownership below American brands and certainly German makes. If you are comparing to Camry and/or Accord- you gain a great deal more fun, but lose a bit at the pump- I have maintained 25 mpg hwy- and premium is recommend- but I do med- grade at times.
Favorite Features
I love the powerful motor and smooth transmission. I don't know how many awards Nissan has won for this motor, but it is very impressive. I honestly can not believe I have 150k every part of the car is like new.
Suggested Improvements
A highway mpg of 30+ would be nice- with 87 oct. fuel! But I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the build, ride, repairs, or quality of the vehicle- I will probably always have one!