1998 Nissan Maxima 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Can't Be Beat!

1998 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

GXE Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Can't Be Beat!
By CMC on

1998 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I've never even used the warranty! Outstanding car!! Great performance, comfort and overall abilities. This car has never let me down. I've got well over 100,000 miles and am yet to take it anywhere for any repair. I tell people that it's 5 years old and they are amazed. It shines like new, and it's been waxed only 2 times in 5 years. It gets great mileage and still performs like a champ. Just be sure to use premium fuel and the engine will run smooth (premium fuel is required for this car). A/C is still ice cold and everything works fine. This car wears down very lightly. It just doesn't show much age. This is probably the best Nissan has ever built.

Favorite Features

Performance and economy. Car still performs excellently and gets nearly 30 MPG on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger opening for the trunk. Relocate the trunk release button from the door to another location...I've hit it several times if I have anything in my left pants pocket. Funny, hit a bump and the trunk closes. The trunk switch should only operate while the car is not moving.