1998 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Awesome Car All Around
By love my maxima! on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

Ive had this baby 5 years and never a problem. The fit and feel are wonderful. Ever try to find a car that DOESN'T have annoying features? This is it. Everything is well designed and thoughtfully placed. It gives a smooth and QUIET ride.

Great reliable Car
By frank3251 on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 22K on it. The car moves especially well for a V6 with only 190 hp. Engine is smooth and first rate, interior features are ok. Car is put together well. The clutch is mediocre if at all that much. Handling is ok, not really first class.

the best
By RollingInI30 on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

the best car available for performance /value /enjoyment. im waiting for 2004....or even better looking at M45 infiniti.

not bad, definite room for improvement
By cxk on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Very reliable and awesome engine, now for the negatives. I know Nissan was having financial problems in the mid to late 90's and it showed in its cars. Very dissapointing handling. The car sits up way to high and what's with the solid beam rear axle(you generally find that in entry level cheap cars).The only other negative is the very cheap looking cloth seats.

I Love This Car
By Happy Maxima Driver on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as certified preowned. Excellent power. Had absolutely no mechanical problems. Having the moonroof open and the windows down makes it almost as fun as a convertible but without the higher insurance. Really fun and comfortable to drive. Leather interior with wood accents looks really nice. Especially with seat warmers for winter. All that and it has dual front/side airbags and a four star crash test rating. Couldn't find a better car.

best car
By dancingirl16 on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

i loved this car

I love my car!
By ak725 on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This is the best car that I have ever had. I just love it. It's comfy, quiet and (knock wood) has not given me any problems.

Great Car ! I expect 200K Miles of it!
By Todd on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

No problems other than reg maint. Low deal cost for tune up, fuel filter, transmission and coolant flush at 72K miles.

Fast, Fun, and Inexpensive
By Paul Huang on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

The car has been reliable: small problems include battery replacement under warranty and a front-end squeak that dealers have not been able to fix. The rear suspension lands with a harsh thud when going over speed bumps with both rear wheels. If only 1 wheel goes over the bump it's fine. The engine is great!!! The clutch is getting close to replacement after 76000 hard (not auto-journalist level of hard though) miles. I love my car and have problems finding a potential replacement. I have money to buy a more expensive car, but even then I can't find a car that is as fast, fun, and reliable as my $18K Maxima.

I'm impressed
By Imnion on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this gem about six week ago and I love driving it. Plenty of power and the sound system (Bose) is outstanding. I got the Super Black with the Black leather interior. When I have this thing clean, it really turns some heads. Especially around dusk, the car looks real sharp. Nay an ounce of any trouble thus far.