1998 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews 10

1998 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
fun to drive
By GPB on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I've only had this car a month, but I've driven my brothers 97 SE and liked it so much I bought one myself. Great acceleration, good handling, fantastic Bose stereo.

Nissan Maxima GLE
By kabisco on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

This car has a roomy interior with very comfortable seating. The exterior design is sleek with smoothh contours. It is very sturdy on the road with little or no noise penetrating the interior. It seems to be very reliable thus far, requiring only basic maintenance to keep it performing at an optimum level. I would definitely, highly recommend it.

Good Stuff
By ktklev on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

This car is reliable, quiet, and handles well. A little pricey, but then again you get what you pay for. Love all the options. I've got 'em all. Heated seats, roof, BOSE, leather, etc..

Very,Very Good
By goodmax on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

All Nissans are the best, Mostly my whole family drives Nissans and I wouldnt want them to drive anything else.

good compromise
By microshitf on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

'98 Maxima SE, 54k miles, manual transmission. Zero problems so far after 17k miles and one year of ownership (I bought it used). Small quirks: some screeching sounds from time to time from the brake pads, some whinning sounds from the clutch esp during warm weather.

Nothing better than a Maxima
By Indira on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 98 Maxima SE w/ leather and i must say this car drives like a champion.It's fast, smooth, sharp looking, and can carry a family of 5 rather comfortably. I love everything about it. You can bet that I'll be a Maxima owner for life!!

Maxima
By aliasabc on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Fun car to drive even for a family man

My Four Door Hot Rod
By My98 SE on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I just turned 17 two weeks ago and to my delight my perents bought me a '98 Maxima SE with all the options availible that year except side airbags. I am known for having a lead foot and the Maxima handles that well. My friend's and I timed the 0-60 time at 6.8 seconds with the car in power mode. The power mode lets the car rev higher and allows the car to shift more aggressively. The BOSE stereo is one of the best standard stereo's I have ever heard in a car and is far better than the Infinity stereo in my old '96 Chrysler Concord. So if you want a hot rod on the weekend, a comfortable driving car Mnday through Friday but are on a budget than I highly recommend the '98 Maxima.

Nissan knows how to build a great car!
By Zingano on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I think Nissan has earned a lifetime customer in me. This car is a dream. Performs like a sports car, yet still can haul my family. Just as reliable as any Honda I have ever owned. It has all the conveniences of a premium luxury car. The climate control works perfectly to keep a comfortable interior. Just one great car!

Used car best buy
By bkiser on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

We "traded down" to our 1998 Maxima SE from my wife's dream vechicle- a 4Runner limited so that she could stay home with our child. Originally, she thought it would be a sacrifice, but she has since decided that she likes it more than any car she has ever owned. We looked at several Acuras, Lexuses, etc., but the Maxima offered similar luxury with much better performance. Plus, the car gets 30+ mpg on the highway (at 80mph)! Unbelievable!