Very few better cars
By Nissan Fan on
1997 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan
I've owned 2 1997 Nissan Maxima SE's. One had been in a wreck and had been repaired. (It stil drove like a champ though.) And the other was only two years old when we bought it. This car is the right car for someone who wants a dependable sedan, but also wants a sporty car. Maximas are known as "FDSC" Four door sports cars and they hold that name very well. I had it for a long tome and it didn't have any problems that weren't recalls. The alternator has a recall on this model. Note to all considering the 1998-2002 Honda Accord: The tranny's are TERRIBLE. Just look on this website at the consumer reviews and you'll see what I'm talking about. (although Honda does make a good car.)
Favorite Features
The Powerplant (VQ30DE): considered the best V6 in America. A bigger version of this engine is used in the 350Z. I love the looks of the SE with the spoiler and the (16 inch?) alloy wheels. The white faced speedometer. The interior ergonomics. The sound system is good even without BOSE.
Suggested Improvements
None, I love it. The five speen is really fun to drive. I regret selling this car :' (