1997 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: The Best Max Ever

1997 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

The Best Max Ever
By jerrymax on

1997 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1997 Maxima GLE directly off a two year lease in October 1999. It's still a gorgeous car. Deep brown rosewood exterior, black leather interior, 7 spoke alloy wheels. I've since put 119,000 miles on it for a total of 154k on the odometer and it runs like new. Very light for a car its size - just over 3000 lbs. It takes off like a rocket and seems to intuitively know when to downshift to passing gear. Handles like a sports car. I've gotten out of some tight situations because it's so nimble. Always starts, always gets me where I want to go. I've had only minor problems. Biggest repair was replaced alternator. Best Maxima that Nissan ever built, in my opinion.

This is a high quality car. Nissan built this model through 1999 and they still look modern and impressive on the road. Bose sound system is great. Handling is amazing, a joy to drive, you feel like the car is almost alive. Leather interior is beautiful. Lots of room inside. 27 mpg on the highway.

None. I think Nissan built the perfect mid-sized sedan with this one. Don't like the newer models near as much.