Great all-arounder
By bigtex144 on
1997 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan
I bought my 97 Maxima SE 5-speed about 2 years ago and am in love with it. The fact that it's my 4th car in under 2 years says a lot! I bought it with 307K miles on it (a testament to how unbelievably solid the car was and still is to this day). I'm now over 343K miles and have had to replace little; The 02 sensors, the struts (which were original), and slave/master cylinders. I get 30-33 mpg almost every tank, and that's even with mixed city/hwy. Power is still great after all these miles when I need it too! Did not come with the Bose stereo; stock CD player and volume knob didn't work and all 4 speakers were rotted out, so I replaced those and it sounds great now
Favorite Features
Smooth and torquey V6 for pleasant daily driving; fun manual tranny not common in most sedans; build quality of the car inside and out is unmatched; ease of oil changing/maintenance. The interior is perfectly executed; simple, solid, and very functional. Practical sedan but an engaging car too.
Suggested Improvements
Slightly plain exterior has greatly benefited from some minor spicing-up I've done to the front and rear lights. Front seats could use a tad more back support. Also, a K&N cone air filter is highly recommend; the sound at full throttle is worthy of a Grammy :) I will keep her til she dies!!