1997 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Best FWD family sedan

1997 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Best FWD family sedan
By KaBar on

1997 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I've had the car since Febuary 2004. It doesn't handle too well in the winter like my '91 Maxima did. In the summer, I've driven over 10,000 miles, with little to no maintenance. This is probably one of, if not the best FWD car on the road, with enough room to seat the family, and enough power to get up and go. Trunk space is great, and there is plenty of head room. Handling is great. Almost every Sunday, I take it up the canyon and open the throttle. I've been getting 300-330 miles to the tank, and that averages out to 20-24mpg city driving. This is a great car for the family.

My favorite feature is the white face gauges. Leather wrapped steering wheel. Chameleon paint(changes from dark green to black depending on the angle you look at it).

I only wish I got a 5spd, sunroof, leather interior w/power seats. The North American Japanese Market offers too many options, and should have just put the best options available for the Flagship sedan for Nissan.