1997 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: 1997 Maxima SE - Great Car!

1997 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

1997 Maxima SE - Great Car!
By corona1373 on

1997 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

An amazingly reliable car after 210,000 miles and 17 years of service. It is dependable and has never let me down or left me stranded. I bought my 1997 Maxima SE about 17 years ago and it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. It is super easy to service, replacement parts are inexpensive and the engine/transmission still run flawless. With 209,000 miles it still cruises quietly down the highway and gets about 25-26mpg on highway trips. The motor is smooth and the transmission shifts perfectly. I frequently see many of the 4th Generation Maximas still on the road. If you can find a rust-free one that has been well maintained I think it's a good bet as a used car.

My favorite feature: NO TIMING BELT. These belts expensive to change and the Nissan Maxima engine doesn't have one. The position of the Oil drain plug and engine oil filter are my other favorite feature. I can change the oil in less than 20 minutes without jacking up the car or climbing underneath.