1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews 11

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Superb car
By jwaine on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Our '97 Maxima SE is one of the best, if the not be best, cars we have ever owned. Other than regularly scheduled maintenance, it has not required a single repair in over five years and 40,000 miles.

I Love this car
By Streetmax1 on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I'm 17 years old, and i'm lucky enough to have this as my first car. This car is fast, sporty, while not sacrificing comfort, and luxury. I would buy a new one in a heartbeat. This car has never broken down on me, and i don't see it happening within the next 5 years. Nissan makes an awesome sport sedan, and the quality is unbelievable!

The Best is Still the Best
By 94 GXE on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased a used 94 GXE back in 99 with 67K on the meter. A preoccupied lady run head on and totalled my trusty Max and I walked away with nary a scratch. Amazing. I put on another 61K with NO problems whatsoever - wearables dont count of sourse. SInce the accident i have been lookinbg for a replacement from other makes and NEVER found a model that is in totality comparable to the Maxima I had in terms of build quality, fun performance, reliability and cost of ownership. I am now convinced that another Maxima is the only way to go for me. The 97 will be my next car when I can find a reasonably priced one.

1997 Maxima SE
By Wesley on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Nice Car. If I had to do it again, I would opt for the Infiniti I30 and get the add'l perks at the dealership and more comfort. This Maxima however, has proven to be a reliable car. With all the freeway miles on it, I expect this car to last to at least 150K without any problems. If you're considering buying a used car, you can't go wrong but look into a comparably priced I30. You may get more bang for your buck.

Amazing Car
By rapidmax on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I can't think of a better used car for the money. Great performance with room for 5 people. A lot of fun to drive. My only regret is not getting a manual tranmission.

A great reliable car
By cpk on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because I knew it would be reliable, comfortable, and nice. It has been all of those things and I would definitely buy another Maxima.

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By jgerke on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Always a Honda/Acura owner I wasn't too interested in becoming a Nissan owner, until I drove this car. We purchased it new and now have 55,000 miles on ours... and it has never been in for repairs of any kind. New tires and regular maintenance only. What a GREAT engine. For 190 HP it gets good gas milage... 22-23 around town. Very comfortable ride. We feel we got a good one!

Fertther
By Ferther on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought used. Had a 1991 Maxima that I loved, the 1997 Maxima SE disappointed. The ride is not as assuring and the car feels flimsy in turns, especially on the interstate. Could use some suspension tinkering to make it work better with the 16' tires.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By DonsMax on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

This is my third Maxima...owned from new an '88, '95 and this '97. Just normal maintenance was performed and very, very, minimal repairs on the '88. No problems ever with the '95 and this '97. All have been a true pleasure to drive under all conditions. My wife has had two Infiniti I-30s--a 9 '97 and '99 (virtually the same car as the Maxima). Not a single problem with either of them! So, to sum up: Nissan makes a terrific, fun, super-reliable auto.

Good value for the $
By 5speeder on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

All in all a very good car. Fun to drive and reliable, except mine's eaten 3 O2 sensors in 3 years, and those puppies are expensive! Gas mileage not as advertised. The power driver seat is a dumb feature (For us, anyway--I'm 6'2, my wife is 5'3. Seems to take that little motor forever to move the seat when we change drivers)