1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
excellent
By allmaxedout on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

it is the fastest 4 door in its class. leave accords and camrys in the dust.

Car is a gem
By BrianV on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Car has 100K miles and nothing has been changed except tires and brakes once. I have a 5SPD. I out of choice changed the fuel filter at 60K and the Plugs at 65K, but there was no noticeable difference after changing them. My car is fully loaded and has been incredible. I ended up supercharing it at 70K which shortly thereafter required a performance clutch. All in all the car is pretty solid, only a couple little squeaks. My g/f has a 95 camry V6 and the Maxima outshines in EVERY WAY.

my '97 maxima
By Robert T on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car has been great. I changed a few things to make my max "mine". I put on 17 inch wheels, and lowered her 1 inch. I also added a front strut tower brace. Fun car and nice looks.

nissan maxima
By ecsengland on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

haven't had any problems...reliable, fast, safe. Had 1991 prior - manual which was more powerful, but automatic also powerful.

Solid and Fun
By TheTrev on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This is an older car, but there are no squeeks or rattles even after five years. The trim has held up extremely well (leather seats). It looks new on the inside. The car handles well for a family sedan and the engine is silky smooth and exciting. The fuel economy is bad - about 14mpg city. Part of the problem is my lead foot. Highway mileage is good at 29mpg. The real problem is that it requires premium fuel (92 octane or better). I will buy another maxima when this one gets tired.

Great Car
By microage on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have had only one problem with my Maxima in over 90,000 miles - a sensor needed to be replaced. That is it! Amazing.

Fun & Reliable
By Max Family on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Mine is 3rd Maxima in my family. All have been great for us. No major problems in 5+ years. Fun to drive, plenty of room for people and cargo, extremely reliable. Great in snow, sun, rain, whatever.

good
By racyhell on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

so far so good.

MAXIMA IS GREAT
By SCOTTIE on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

THIS CAR IS GREAT. IT HAS EVERYTHING YOU COULD ASK FOR AT A GREAT PRICE. I HAVE HAD MY CAR FOR OVER 2 YEARS NOW AND HAVE LITTLE TO NO PROBLEMS. MY CAR HAS OVER 125,000 MILES AND RUNS LIKE IT IS BRAND NEW. THE CAR CAME WITH LOTS OF GOOD AMMENITIES - CAR LOOKS ASTONISHING.

Superb car
By jwaine on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Our '97 Maxima SE is one of the best, if the not be best, cars we have ever owned. Other than regularly scheduled maintenance, it has not required a single repair in over five years and 40,000 miles.