1996 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: I love my car

1996 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

I love my car
By Lily on

1996 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I love this car, it is incredibly fun to drive. It feels like it has more power than the numbers indicate, and the engine is incredibly smooth and light. I have never had any trouble passing someone when I need to, from a stop or on the highway. The steering feels a little loose, but when you get used to the car it can take turns and dip lanes beautifully. For the amount that I beat up on the car (a LOT, I push the car to it's limits more than I should) it has proved incredibly strong and durable. It has never broken down without giving me warning for months beforehand, and it was my fault for being to lazy to get it fixed. This car has sold me on Maximas forever. I love it.

The engine :-) I love love love it. This beautiful engine, I cannot stop raving about it.

Definitely needs snow tires for driving during heavy snow. Other than that, the steering could have a tighter feel (this is also my fault because I beat up my suspension). Sometimes to be at a comfortable reach to the steering wheel, I have to move my seat up more than my legs would like. That's it.