1996 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Great car

1996 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

GLE Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Great car
By Phillygirl on

1996 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

This car is great to drive, handles well, and has plenty of interior room. I haven't any major concerns with this car in all the time I've had it. Car was stolen a few years ago. Thieves were caught in the car (in a high speed chase no less!) and the front end was torn up. Insurance wouldn't total the car, just repair it. Even so, the car still rides wonderfully! When I don't have the kids, I don't feel like I'm driving a conspicuous family car. All around, the car has been wonderful (even through harsh Minnesota, Philly, and New England winters). It has 155K miles on it and hasn't missed a beat. Hope the newer models are just as great!

sunroof, leather seats, bose stereo!!, size of back seat, climate control, remote windows

wish that at least one of the rear seats would fold down so that we can put large items in the trunk - but I've needed that like, twice, in the 8 years I've had the car.