1996 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Comfortable Fun Reliable

1996 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

Comfortable Fun Reliable
By JvGinPDX on

1996 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car about a year ago from a dealer. The car had 100k miles on it, I have driven it 13k miles. My previous car was a Porsche 924, I liked the sporty handling of the 924. I wanted a larger car, I am 6'3" tall, not many cars are comfortable for a tall person. I test drove a 94 Toyota Camry, it was a quality car, but boring to drive. My Maxima SE handling performance reminded me somewhat of the Porsche. The four wheel disk brakes saved the day when I noticed a car stalled right in front of me on the freeway. I the brakes stopped straight and true when I slammed on the brakes. (I have ABS) The Max more power than I expected. I have just done basic maintenance on the car.

Favorite Features

The amount of interior room. The comfort. Wonderful handling and brakes. Getting over 30 mpg on the freeway in 5th gear. Overall reliability. I have also owned Nissan pickups. Nissan seems as good as Honda or Toyota, but seem to sell for less money.

Suggested Improvements

The car side mirrors have considerable blind spots. That is my only concern about the car. Perhaps someone who is not as tall as me may not have this problem. I wish the car was a foot longer, it needs more trunk space.