A love affair with my Maxima SE
By mspitt on
1996 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan
I bought this car new and it is still "New" to me. Everyday I get pleasure driving it. I had to do absolutely nothing to this car (except regular maintenance) until 2006 when my mother's dog chewed some wires in two. Now at 180,000 miles, the only thing my husband has done is replace the struts. This car is what all car makers should strive for. Its reliability is unmatched and it is a joy to drive. I would buy another Nissan, but I prefer to keep my Maxima, fixing whatever goes wrong, and just keep driving it. I am convinced this is the "BEST" car on the road.
Favorite Features
Since I live in the Midwest, and we get snow and ice in the winter, I love the Maxima's front wheel drive. Another great feature is the button on the gearshift (I have an automatic) which allows you to disengage the overdrive. I don't think this is a "feature", but I love the evergreen paint. It is classy.
Suggested Improvements
The only improvement that could be made is the cup holders. 1) put some in the back seat and 2) enlarge the ones in the front.