1996 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Maroon Maxima Review
By Jayna Perry on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 2 years and it has been nothig but good to me. The mileage is considered low for being a car that is 7 years old and is very good on gas. The ride is very smooth and comfortable.

Best Used Car for the $$
By Matt025 on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

1996 Maxima GLE Price Paid: $11,500 Mileage at Purchase: 74,000 Current Mileage: 170,000 Couldn't be more impressed. I've driven this vehicle to death and it's still running strong. If you change the fluids, spark plugs and filters at the recommended intervals this vehicle will last. Mine is approaching 200k AND IT STILL HAS THE ORIGINAL TRANSMISSION!! Although my next vehicle will be a truck, I will definitely buy a Nissan or Infiniti on my next car purchase. This is the absolute best used car you can buy.

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By KenBen on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my '96 Maxima SE new in Sept. of '95. It rides very well, still gets very good gas milage and the engine was the best of its day. Smooth and powerful, I have 116,000 miles, much more than I've put on any of the many other cars I've owned,(and two other friends with the same car have 110,000 and 175,000 miles respectively) and I cannot seem to part with it. I just bought new tires so I won't have to face that for another year or two. I don't know if the new ones stand out among their competition today as my Maxima did in '96, but I'm glad I chose my first Nissan back then.

A powerful and reliable car
By Kennth Wang on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I had my first 96 Maxima GLE at 96k and it has not brought me any trouble. I runs perfect and very comfortable. I love this car so much that I decide not to sell it.

Great Car
By cwf2044 on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

The Nissan Maxima is a fabulous car. It provides the comfort of a sedan with the pep of a sports car. My previous vehicle was a 1987 Nissan 300Z. I put over 200,000 miles on it with few problems. The Maxima features a similar engine and I expect similar reliability. The only draw- backs are the brakes and fuel economy. The brakes are squeeky and are only average reagarding reliablility. Also, the Maxima demands 92 gas beacuase of the performance engine. I had to replace an anti-knock sensor for using regular (87) fuel. It still gets good mileage though.

Great Car
By KJB21 on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This is my 2nd Maxima. I also had a 93. Great cars!! Been driving a Maxima for the last 7 years. Wouldn't had it any other way.

GOOD
By maxima-nissan on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I like the vehicle. The drive is very smooth. The engine pickup is excellent. At 30,000 miles, I replaced the windwasher motor.(it was covered under warranty). I have to replace the front struts at 45,000. I have to replace the front brakes at 45,000 at Midas. This was a mistake to go to midas. This damaged my rotors in 1 year. I have to replace front rotors. I replaced break lines on the rear and also break pads. I replaced back struts. Other tahn these the vehicle is running smooth now. I hope it will last for sometime. The mileage now is 88,000.

myCar
By GG777 on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Very happy with the car. It got stolen. Looking for subaru.

MY BABY
By Maxima Lover on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new. I now have 180,000 miles on it and all I've replaced besides normal wear (brake pads, oil, filters, tires) are front and rear rotors and front struts. It has nver failed me. NOT ONCE! The car still rides great and I'm having a hard time letting it go in the process of buying a new one.

Absolutely love it!!
By Max17man on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I got my '96 GLE loaded when I got my license, and have loved it ever since. It has everything I could ask for and then some. The Bose audio system is simply amazing, I thought I was gonna have to spend big bucks for a nice sound system, not with this car! The sunroof is an added bonus, so are the leather seats. When merging onto highways, I'm at 60 MPH in no time.