One of the bad ones!!!
By kasey2586 on
1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan
This car supposedly has tons of wonderful reputations. I got stuck with major expensive internal motor work needed. It does have a lot of power and has never left me stranded. These cars can blow the Hondas off the road with the power it has!! It has an engine miss, and the unusual thing about this problem is, it comes and goes! It's had a rough idle, stumbling and bucking. But these symptoms last occurred about 1 month ago and has been a smooth, beautiful ride ever since!! One mechanic told me since it was running on five cylinders, it's got bad valves. It also hisses and I know that's in need of an EGR valve. Yes, the check engine light and needs an anti-knock sensor! Not cheap!
Favorite Features
My favorite features on my Max are Excellent Bose sound system/cd player, the extremely comfy leather interior, (perfect for my bad lower back!), handles, beautifully, reliability, smooth-as-silk engine and tranny, (when it's not bucking and stumbling!), exterior/interior design, and p-sunroof.
Suggested Improvements
Eliminate the "check engine" light problem in these cars!! Add longer- lasting sensors with better quality, better cup holder location, and stuff spills into my transmission shifter!! Also, this car needs a much better place for the power mirror switch. Behind the steering wheel is ridiculous!!