1995 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Great Machine

1995 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

Great Machine
By happy owner on

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This is my second Maxima, I also owned a 1991, which I drove to its death at 250,000 miles. I also own a 2003 with 102,000 miles. This 1995 currently has 175,000. It is a fabulous machine to drive, I had some replacements problems by having to replace alternator, starter, CV axles, a couple of fuel injectors, infamous knock sensor and the coolant temp sensor apart from regular brake, tune up, oil changes. I think the tricky thing is when the one of the fuel injectors starts acting up, the car/computer thinks the knock sensor and the temp sensor is bad, which was not the case with my and actually one of the injector was going bad. Parts are expensive but a reliable car.

Favorite Features

Build quality and design is very good. Engine and tranny working like new even at 175K. Bose CD is great. GLE model is well equipped and would compete with any luxury car maker. Good four wheel disk brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Expensive parts and maintenance at the dealer will take your arm and leg. Don't go crazy on that and get it done at your town mechanic, this is not a ferrari! Other than than, its perfect!