1995 Nissan Maxima Consumer Review: Best car I've owned

1995 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

Best car I've owned
By Quagmire on

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car 8 years, bought it with 55k. It's now at 226k and still running strong. The car has been driven for years in Maine to Indiana, Oregon and now in Florida. Routine maintenance is always done myself, including replacing the starter once, brake pads of course and battery a few times. Never stranded once even when the started did go out it's a manual and so easy to push start. Lots of long drives and I'm 6'5" and never any back or leg problems. Only shop work done was new shocks and struts at 160k and a new clutch at about 120k, the old was still original. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the new clutch has maintained because I don't drive the car easy.

Reliability! Good gas mileage for the power, easy to overtake slower cars on the interstates without downshifting.

Fold down rear seat, better corrosion resistance on rear spoiler and front of hood.