1995 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Rocket Ship
By pashey on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I have had two Maximas since 1990, the first one saved my life in an accident. It had 88K miles on it without a major repair. Its sister, nicknamed "the rocket ship" now has 174+k miles on it and I expect it to go to 250k, it still runs great. I love this car, no major repairs (just brakes, tires and the power steering belt). I don't think you could kill that engine if you wanted to.

Absolute Best Vehicle
By WC on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

The wife said it was time to go and so I bought a new SUV. But!!! The Maxima that I just traded in was the best car that I have ever owned. I put 187,000 miles on it and all I ever did other than put gas in and routine maintenance was a fan belt and an alternator (both repairs occurred after 100K miles). Great ride, great performance, great style. They don't come any better!!!!!

My all-time favorite Car
By gm157usa on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Excellent car,powerful but smooth with good gas mileage.Super strong transmission that handles evrything I throw at it. i have the Dark Blue matallic color that is great. My only major problem thru 109k miles was my Sunroof stopped working at about 50k miles and Nissan wanted $1500 to fix it but because I was a good customer at the dealer they kept asking for a good faith discount from Nissan and after 6 months they fixed it for 650.00 i highly recommend this car!

Maxima will never break on you
By Kolyan on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

I have '95 Maxima with over 160,000 miles on it and I never had to change anything, except for the oxigen sensor which is only about $100.

love it
By fish on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Maxima at a repo auction for 3k below list. What a deal. The interior was super comfortable. The engine was magnificent. I could easily find myself at 90 mph with out knowing how I got there. The car looks like a classic but blends in nicely. Only problem is the number of stolen vehicles for parts.

love it
By Fish on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Maxima is a classic
By jkm on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

This car has been an absolute delight to drive. We have never had ANY mechanical problems with it. It has ample power, and the quality of the build is outstanding. With regular care, the exterior and interior are pristine with the exception of some small rock chips to the front end and windshield. We also have a '99 Passat GLX, which despite the excellent reviews, has been a lemon. The Maxima remains our favorite car, and we look forward to the next model change in 2004.

the best
By carguel on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

The Nissan Maxima is an awesome car and can't be beat for the price. My car came loaded with all the features you would expect from a luxury car except the price. The BOse sound system is second to none. I even prefer it to the Mark Levinson on the new Lexus. For a reliable car that is fun to drive the Maxima is the perfect choice.

My Third Maxima
By Mandingo on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Great Car have always loved the maxima

Love it and Ain't sellin'
By MaxDriver on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I got my '95 GXE in 98. It had Bose, Sunroof and power seat. The minute I set eyes on this black doll, I had to have it..... Had to replace the suspension after six mos. but that was because I took on a broken road at 100 mph, so my bad. Since then, I have had nothing but driving joy in it, mile after mile. I have 106000 miles on it and it still runs like new. The only work I've ever had to do to it was oil, tires and brakes. It STILL looks better than a 2002 Camry and Accord! Now I am getting into an Audi A-6 but I am NOT selling the 'Max!! It stays with me b/c it's too good to part with!! Way to go Nissan.