1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
A Best Buy
By cla on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

My '95 Maxima GXE has been a terrific buy from day 1. I almost purchased an Accord or Camry, and now am happy I spent more for the Maxima. It has been reliable and has had no out of the ordinary problems happen to it. Also, it is a stylish car that has a certain charm to it. People are impressed with the car even though it's almost 8 years old. Plus, it feels like a sports car, but handles itself like a sturdy vehicle.

How come this car is overlooked?
By Max Mike on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new in 1995. It now has over 176K on it. I plan on running it to 300K. 1st mechanical repair was the brake pads needed to be replaced at 90K. How this car is overlooked so often and many choose to buy the more expensive and less performing Camry, I'll never understand. The Maxima is fun to drive and it can hold it's own on the road.

fourth maxima in a row
By maxima fan on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This is my 4th Maxima in a row. I buy them at 125,000 (around $6000) and sell them with 225,000 miles (around $1500). I've never had to work on any Maxima motor or trans!!!! I had to replace an alternator once. It is the best car for the money, PERIOD !!!! I can't afford to drive anything else.

best car ever
By reveti on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

The nissan maxima is the best vehicle you can own. it even beats out the camrys and accords. much more comfortable. this is a cadillac without problems.

Maxima Rocks!
By Tom in Portland on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Was told to look at this car by a friend when we we looking to buy. Hadn't even thought of the Maxima. Test drove everything else out there under 25K and nothing compared. This car is a screaming value! Performance for the price is off the charts. Now has 130K, and going strong. Car is still tight as the day it was purchased. Only problems were bad Oxygen sensor @30K, locks need to be rekeyed & buttons on radio are worn down. No other mech problems! Drives like a sports car.

Fun 4-door rod
By Spooky on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Had 1985 Maxima wagon previously. Also 1983, 1984, and 1986 Z's...all great cars and reliable. This time wanted a sedan that had some six cyclinder guts and good gas mileage. Ended up with a 95 GXE plain Jane that's a kick to drive without busting the bank....a near perfect sedan in an imperfect world...have had several Camrys, a Cressida, 2 740 Volvos, a 7 series BMW, and a 4 and 6 cyc Accord....this car is the most fun to drive of all

116000 miles and still going!!
By Momma to the Max on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Fabulous car for the money and age. I bought my car new- it's the black/green metallic with buff leather interior,moon roof, heated seats(nice) and ABS brakes & all other options which came with the car. It's been to Florida & back several times, Canada (opened her up to over 100mph on the Northway) and she cruised at 75-80 mph. You would never know how fast you're going until you look at the speedometer...I LOVE THIS CAR! Oxygen sensor after 110000 miles and brakes/tires only repairs made.NOT EVEN A TUNE UP. I changed filters and plugs..that's it! I don't want to give it up it's just a fab car ...scale 1 - 10 it's "10" !!!!

a great car
By cborg on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I'm a first time owner of a car and recieved my 95 maxima from my dad (who bought an acura 3.2tl, which is a great car)it's been an absolute joy to drive in, even at 100k plus miles it still performs great. The accelaeration is great and the 190hp 24 valve engine is a huge plus to this already excellent car. Everytime my friends get in there like "whoa, nice car" the leather and bose sound system impresses them.

enjoyment
By Mikol on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

this has been the best vehicle purchase I ever made , even though its used , it has out performed some of my friends newer cars

My 1995 Maxima
By ss_steve on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Great Car, well over 100,000 miles so far!